Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
2. requires a sb target called FREMANTLE_ARMEL_GCC472. I have this installed as part of FREMANTLE_THUMB target. I cheated by symlinking target directory for now, just to see how far it would go.
Wait, what? I can't be that stupid . where is that hardcoded?
3. fremantle build target calls a routine to check for sb2. I don't have this setup.
You are not supposed to have sb2, it is for Harmattan build

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
xulrunner-package/build.sh
Code:
  "fremantle")
    echo "Building for fremantle"
    ROOTFSNAME=FREMANTLE_ARMEL_GCC472
    SBOX_PATH=/scratchbox
    check_sbox_rootfs
    NEED_SBOX2=true
    setup_qt_version
    MOZCONFIG=mozconfig.qtN900-qt-cross-x
    export HOST_QMAKE="$CDR/cross-tools/host-qmake-4.7.4"
    export HOST_MOC="$CDR/cross-tools/host-moc-4.7.4"
    export MOC="$CDR/cross-tools/host-moc-4.7.4"
    export HOST_RCC="$CDR/cross-tools/host-rcc-4.7.4"
    export RCC="$CDR/cross-tools/host-rcc-4.7.4"
    export TARGET_ROOTFS=$SBOX_PATH/users/$USERNAME/targets/$ROOTFSNAME
    export CROSS_COMPILER_PATH=$SBOX_PATH/compilers/linaro-4.7-2012.07-fremantle-armv7a/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi
    export SYSROOT=$SBOX_PATH/compilers/linaro-4.7-2012.07-fremantle-armv7a/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc
    ;;
Edit: I could change ROOTFSNAME actually, wasn't looking at file at the time, based on output instead. Sbox2 is still there though. Changed rootfsname and it got a bit further but it's still a little misleading.

Edit: Make sure checkout.sh is run before build.sh Ooops

Last edited by Android_808; 2013-11-17 at 20:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
xulrunner-package/build.sh
I could change ROOTFSNAME actually, wasn't looking at file at the time. Sbox2 is still there though
toldya https://github.com/tmeshkova/xulrunn.../build.sh#L163

I've always build within scratchbox(with dpkg-buildpackage), never used that build script

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
you can't build latest gecko with 4.2.1, IIRC the minimum required version is 4.4

you'll need python2.7 and export PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2.7

debian dir on tmeshkova supports maemo5 build under cssu-thumb target, never tried it in stock SB armel target
I have a second gcc 4.7 linaro target set up almost like thumb one (but I just skipped the thumb repos adding, and I don't pass thumb flags to compiler so in theory it should build everything compatible with non-thumb).

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
EDIT:
It was a while I tried to build gecko for maemo5 for the last time, latest code might not compile or run
I remember someone reporting that one of recent versions cannot be build for Maemo properly... I think it happend when Mozilla switched their JavaScript engine and page scrolling or something and it happened in 18th version... It might be some post of tanago in thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88682 , but I'm not sure now. By the way, that's the thread where the idea of new gcc target with older dev packages appeared as far as I remember. I'll try to build the 17 version.

Taking a while, distracted by GTA

Might be worth noting python2.7/python2.7-minimal broken.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
python2.7: Depends: python2.7-minimal (= 2.7.3~rc2-2.1-maemo5) but 2.7.3~rc2-2.1-maemo6 is to be installed
Package interface shows maemo3.

Edit: Also required new rule to prevent configure error. I think there is a better solution but I wanted to at least get a build started. I think I'll need to wait till I get to PC though as its gonna take forever on here.
Code:
configure: error: Necko WiFi scanning needs DBus on your platform, remove --disable-dbus or use --disable-necko-wifi
Code:
echo "ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi" >> $(CURDIR)/$(MOZCONFIG_FILE)

Last edited by Android_808; 2013-11-17 at 22:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Taking a while, distracted by GTA

Might be worth noting python2.7/python2.7-minimal broken.

Package interface shows maemo3.

Edit: Also required new rule to prevent configure error. I think there is a better solution but I wanted to at least get a build started. I think I'll need to wait till I get to PC though as its gonna take forever on here.
Code:
configure: error: Necko WiFi scanning needs DBus on your platform, remove --disable-dbus or use --disable-necko-wifi
Code:
echo "ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi" >> $(CURDIR)/$(MOZCONFIG_FILE)
You should notify Aapo about the python2.7 problem.
Maybe you can upload your source package (dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -S). I have the build environment working, and can try what works (right now no wonder I couldn't build it with the ./build.sh )

Projects no longer actively developed: here

I had to stop build last night, was gonna take way too long on my Eee PM'd Aapo about python.

Setup a new build target this morning on PC (Debian 7 in VBox.. stupid mmap_min_addr/qemu grrr). Just beginning to pull in all repo's. It was ~1.36GB just for mozilla-central, 3734956 counted objects .

Don't know how far I'll get with build now today, had a call from work just now. With regards to a source package, it'll be very big (by comparison to others) so I'd need somewhere to upload it. After two borked attempts last night I started using dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b just to speed things up.

Edit:Mozilla build deps are for python but needs python2.7.
No check for libqt4-dev/qmake package.

Last edited by Android_808; 2013-11-18 at 10:14.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I had to stop build last night, was gonna take way too long on my Eee PM'd Aapo about python.

Setup a new build target this morning on PC (Debian 7 in VBox.. stupid mmap_min_addr/qemu grrr). Just beginning to pull in all repo's. It was ~1.36GB just for mozilla-central, 3734956 counted objects .

Don't know how far I'll get with build now today, had a call from work just now. With regards to a source package, it'll be very big (by comparison to others) so I'd need somewhere to upload it. After two borked attempts last night I started using dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b just to speed things up.
It's big, because of .git directory. Remove it and it'll shrink immediately. (these are all the previous versions)

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
With regards to necko wifi, mozilla wiki mentions needing wireless-tools. Don't know if we want feature, just want something built first.

Guys, there is more to be fixed besides necko-wifi, I'll try to push what is needed by the end of the day.

Also, a patch is needed for gstreamer support, that can't go into upstream, I'll discuss with romaxa if putting it in debian/patches is a good idea

Community SSU developer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
gecko browser, maemo 5