Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
YES, same as me

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
what urs setting? i follow u
sorry i didn't include my values as they pretty much disable the visual rotation effect making the switch more snappy rather than fluid. i didn't feel they would be much use to you and might cause confusion.

Last edited by tokag; 2011-02-22 at 04:58.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
congratulations to the CSSU team for this fantastic update!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Brillian work !!!!!!!!!.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Reading, Berkshire, UK
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Why are you going to wait until your contract is over to install this?

Do you think it's going to void your warranty? Because it won't.
I'm more of an end-user - and if I *did* brick my phone - would Carphone Warehouse be able to get it fixed for me?

OR would they say that I was on my own.. but unable to get another device?

SO yes - I was concerned that it may void the support from them.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Reading, Berkshire, UK
Oh - and just as I do with my laptops - which both came preinstalled from Linux Emporium - I stick to the Ubuntu repositories, as I know the software will work... I'm cagey about stepping outside Nokia and Extras repos...

I am looking forward to openOffice for Hildon making it out of extras-devel and actually being released to extras...

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
forced apps rotate in my case only works in these circumstances:
1. when i've unlocked the screen in portrait mode.
2. when in conversations, fastsmsevo pops out.

besides that, after a reboot for example, it doesn't force them to rotate on it's own. i'll have to do one of the above and then the apps will rotate automatically... all except for the ones that already rotate on their own and the apps launcher... apps launcher rotates all the time...

also, when rotating, there's a half a second of blinking...

hope this helps

Originally Posted by tokag View Post
playing around with this a little more. noticed some interesting things. for some application (i.e. H-A-M and Conversations) the device must be in portrait mode whilst launching the application for portrait mode to be invoked; also the application seems to be locked into portrait mode until exit. furthermore, if i launch an application in portrait mode, exit, then click on status menu, the the status menu loads in portrait mode, regardless of the devices orientation, and will continue to do so until another application is opened in landscape mode. perhaps there is something funky going on in my device and this is an isolated case, or maybe this is the desired effect; but these results seem to be reproduce-able 100 per cent of the time. i'm not bothered by this, now that i figured out what is going on that is, i just thought i would bring it to your attention and share my finding with other users whom might be experiencing results. keep up the great work!
I'm experiencing the same thing - from the desktop, the launcher works and rotates normally. If I load any app while holding the device in landscape mode, it will not rotate no matter what I do (including CTRL-SHIFT-R). If I hold the device in portrait mode and launch the app, it will launch then rotate to portrait and stay there until I quit the app.

Also - one small nuisance - I seem to have lost my transition fade effects for the launcher as well.

Any thoughts, ideas - maybe someone who has this all working can share their transitions.ini file?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I now deactivate the force rotation until next update

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Hi.

I've just installed it, everything looks good, excellent job.

I'd like to enable the portrait mode and rotation the way it is shown in a video some posts behind.

I'm using "Plastic Dark Black" theme, and I tune up my setting using "Theme Customizer".

How can I make CSSU rotation/portrait/etc live along "Theme Customizer" settings?

I tried first saving all changes from "Theme Customizer", then reboot and then I added the thp_tweaks (zaxisrotation = 1, forcerotation = 1, tactilepopups = 1) to my:

/usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini file.

After a reboot, nohing changed :-/

I tried also adding the lines to the file:

/home/opt/theme-customizer/transitions.ini

but I did not succeed either.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: After one more reboot, my phone behaves like @dannycamps described. No zaxis rotation yet though.

Last edited by lsolano; 2011-02-22 at 05:57.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade