Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
My god marxian your not only sooooo true to form but also QWACKERS.... hahaha this made me laugh so much my f.ing belly hurts hahahahaha.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I have a friend, Harry Caul, who can do that. He passed the audio through several filters and got a good result. He would not provide me with the filtered audio track, but did give me a transcript. For security reasons I refer to the two individuals as Bill and Ben.

Bill: "Hi, my name's Bill. I work in strategy. What's your name? I haven't seen you before."

Ben: "My name's Ben. I work in marketing. What's the latest news on this Meltemi thing?"

Bill: "It's a Linux OS for low end devices. It's just a minor thing. It was only supposed to be on a million phones, but some clown misheard and the slogan became 'the next billion'. Ballmer hit the fvckin' roof. Chairs flying everywhere. He doesn't like all this talk of a billion phones running Linux, even the heavily gimped, locked-down type."

Ben: "It's going to be tough selling a billion of anything, given that we've been screwing our customers for the last few years. I think the N9 will be a hit, though."

Bill: "Nah. We've only produced 92,000 of the things. The boss is making sure that it will be buried. We've got some WP devices that will be announced soon. That should do it."

Ben: "I see. What about this Tizen thingy? Do you see that as being a threat to WP?"

Bill: "We're pretty sure that it will fail, although with Samsung involved, there is a slight chance of success. Had we been on the inside, we could have been certain of failure. Now we'll just have to rely on Intel and The Linux Foundation to fvck it up."

Ben: "That might not be enough to guarantee the success of WP though. Sales haven't been to great."

Bill: "Ballmer's going to see to that one. He's meeting the execs from the big carriers later. In the conference room, there's at least 50 chairs, but there are only 15 people attending. I heard Ballmer insisted on extra chairs. No idea what he wants with them."

Bill: "Hey! What's that under your shirt? Are you wearing a wire. Motherfvcker!"

*gunshot*
Lol!

Sad but too true!

And Nokia really is trying to **** their customers. There are huge launch events around every other maker launch, and we need to beg Nokia to sell, or at least tell how to buy their phones.

Each day I read this threads I lose more interest in the n9, cause we won't have even community support if no one have access to it.

Originally Posted by jotoco View Post
Lol!

Sad but too true!

And Nokia really is trying to **** their customers. There are huge launch events around every other maker launch, and we need to beg Nokia to sell, or at least tell how to buy their phones.

Each day I read this threads I lose more interest in the n9, cause we won't have even community support if no one have access to it.
I have told you where to buy the N9.... from Asia and the cheapest place on earth price wise.

If anyone needs full details of how to buy this dammm N9 then ask and i will tell you on here.

I have already posted this on another thread but i will reiterate on this one.

Prices for the Nokia N9 are as follows,

N9 16gb = 388.584677 British pounds inc vat

N9 64gb = 429.704749 British pounds inc vat

These prices are NOKIA prices from Asia and i can not find them cheaper anywhere else.

EVERYONE who wants to buy the N9 MUST act NOW or you will lose out as they will sell as fast as hot cakes.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-10-02 at 12:05.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I have already posted this on another thread but i will reiterate on this one.

Prices for the Nokia N9 are as follows,

N9 16gb = 388.584677 British pounds inc vat

N9 64gb = 429.704749 British pounds inc vat

These prices are NOKIA prices from Asia and i can not find them cheaper anywhere else.

EVERYONE who wants to buy the N9 MUST act NOW or you will lose out as they will sell as fast as hot cakes.
give me a RELIABLE phone number that will understand English and ship to Brazil, and accept payment from hero too. Chance of scan is really high here.

Originally Posted by jotoco View Post
give me a RELIABLE phone number that will understand English and ship to Brazil, and accept payment from hero too. Chance of scan is really high here.
No problem.

NOKIA
108 Bangkok Thai Tower, Rangnam Road, Khwaeng Thanon Phyathai, Khet Rajthevee
10400 Bangkok
Thailand
Tel: +66 2 673 8888
Fax: +66 2 673 8999

http://www.siamphone.com/spec/nokia/n9_64_gb.htm

http://www.siamphone.com/spec/nokia/n9_16_gb.htm

Go to the websites and look at the prices and contact numbers, you can translate them in Google ok.

Nokia are giving away FREE a bluetooth speaker system with every order !!.

If you consider this information non reliable then i am sorry for you.

That is just Thailand, do you want all Asia countries contacts? or do what i suggest and google them to find out for yourself ok.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-10-02 at 12:20.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Paapaa View Post
Those of you who already have your N9, what is the software version?

Will there be an ability to flash the phone manually just like N900?
It's MeeGo 1.2 Hamattan, PR001 - see the attached photo

I havent found any flashing options - but on the other hand I havent been looking I've been busy wanking

Some other thoughs:
VKB is really good. However there isn't any arrows which is sometimes find useful. The danish alphabet have "æ" "ø" "å" as special characters but these are not designed as on a keyboard, however for some weird reason the vkb design feels very natural and it doesn't annoy me at all (which i feared before buying the N9)

Some Facebook notes (yeah, I'm that kind of slut):
* Facebook functions may be a little slow. Fx when seeing an update the bottons "update" and "thumbs up" take a little while before apearing.

* You can't add facebook events to your calendar.

* You can't tag people on pics when uploading them.

However I haven't tried the fmobi app which were great in my Nokia N8.
Attached Images

Last edited by Lindegaard; 2011-10-02 at 13:00.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
No problem.

NOKIA
108 Bangkok Thai Tower, Rangnam Road, Khwaeng Thanon Phyathai, Khet Rajthevee
10400 Bangkok
Thailand
Tel: +66 2 673 8888
Fax: +66 2 673 8999

http://www.siamphone.com/spec/nokia/n9_64_gb.htm

http://www.siamphone.com/spec/nokia/n9_16_gb.htm

Go to the websites and look at the prices and contact numbers, you can translate them in Google ok.

Nokia are giving away FREE a bluetooth speaker system with every order !!.

If you consider this information non reliable then i am sorry for you.

With taxes (60% AFTER Shipping) this is going to be higher than what I will pay here, if I manage to get my hands on one. And I will lose any warranty (not that Nokia gives support or warranty around here, anyway).

I expect to pay about BRL1600,00 on a 16gb model here. It seems no 64gb will make it here, so 16gb will be the only option.

1 BRL = 19,43BAHT
1 BRL = 0,38 EURO
1 BRL = 0,58 USD

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????