Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by tokag View Post
ok good. i'm glad it wasn't just me. as for your fade effects, i am afraid i can't be of much assistance. i tweaked the hell out of my transitions.ini file to eliminate such effects in favor of a snappier ux. there is a program "Transitioncontrol" in extra-devel which you can use to easily adjust and test different values with. otherwise someone else may be kind enough to share their experiences/file with you.
No, you are not the only one , I am in the same basket.

What I wander is whether we are supposed to file a bug or there is another update on its way. And was there any QA for the last update.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-02-22 at 09:30. Reason: not sleepy anymore

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
As far as I can see in the Wiki and Bugzilla, there isn't any patches for default applications apart from Modest.

Are you planning to include any fixes for the default PDF Reader? This one and the RSS Reader are IMHO the less polished applications included.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
* autorotation doesn't work for applications, but work for the menu.
* to get back from portrait to landscape, slide the keyboard out and close it back. And to go back to portrait slide the keyboard and close it.
* when the device is holding vertically, Xorg consume more cpu % than landscape.
* Menu rotate when lay the device on flat, and lift it up slight angle (25 degree) will rotate.

Otherwise this is very good start better than Nokia official release firmware. Just need to make autorotation works seemless than now.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Wow, nice update!

What about implementing the Matan's hildon-desktop patch which allows resizing the desktop shortcut widgets via gconf -key? That way I would not have to run theme customizer every time I upgrade the CSSU...

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
After this last update my email widget has disappeared from the desktop (and isn't available to re-add). Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just my device (and if so, anyone any idea where to start looking)?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
After this last update my email widget has disappeared from the desktop (and isn't available to re-add). Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just my device (and if so, anyone any idea where to start looking)?
Same problem, I've just re-added the widget and their automatically re-appeared.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
weird problem after changing the transitions.ini and installing tactile. Until i rebooted my phone, the virtual keyboard appeared fine. But after a reboot, my virtual keyboard just went missing.
Looks like I broke it. Can any one help me out with it?
I found this link and I am now attempting to fix according to it. I would post an update if I get it working again!

Edit: I tried the fix mentioned in the link. Does not work. Will wait until Friday latest, else I would go ahead and reflash the device. (It was getting slow anyways! )

Last edited by normaltusker; 2011-02-22 at 10:26.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Can someone try to reproduce(a little hard) and maybe solve this bug ? Thank you.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
nice work guys and i like portait mode
can anuone help me how the guy from the video has got this nice type of typing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MxR1VrDFeI

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
can anuone help me how the guy from the video has got this nice type of typing?]
He has this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aanckar For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade