Active Topics

Notices

I love nightly builds

The Following User Says Thank You to anyway For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Czech Republic
@coderus:
I also love the nightly builds and I have no problems. I do not do restart after update and everything works. Please do not be discouraged. Every new version is getting better and better .....

Last edited by bitpowers; 2012-12-13 at 09:05.

Originally Posted by mer2os View Post
Thanks, did this, and that's what I usually do when it bugs...
But after clean install of nightly7, it worked well for less than 24hours.
Today crashed many times.

I have FasterN9 1.0.1.
Uninstalled it.
Now wazapp nightly7 works really really well.
No crashes and runs very smoothly.
Going to report this bug on FasterN9 thread.

Meanwhile will test it a few days without FasterN9, then will try to find a solution to have both.
I finally found a solution for the crashes:
I reset my phone, then cleared the whole device, then flashed it... I was starting from fresh <--- this is not the solution YET
I didn't install anything but wazapp nightly8.
It was working fine at first.
After a few hours started crashing again.
Noticed it happened more while trying to access a group conversation.
Not sure why, but synced contacts again.
Worked better for a few uses then again crashed..
re-synced the contacts again and again.
Now no more crashes at all!
Apparently it doesn't sync properly in one go from the first time (got more than 500 contacts on wazapp). And when not synced well it crashes.
I then installed FasterN9 and N9Qtweak etc....
No crashes whatsoever.

Conclusion:
Nightly8 works properly.
Crashes had nothing to do with FasterN9 or any other app.
Sync contacts multiple times so it syncs properly.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Netherlands
I used the latest nightly for a few days now, and since today i have a battery drain also when i restart wazapp i get messages that was sent to me by friends nimutes/hours ago, and also sometimes when i restart wazapp my background picture is not loaded at all. so every time i have to select again.
Maybe these issues are causing the drain? it has been months since i got a drain on wazapp. i will try to reinstall it.
Anyone else having these issues?

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ LEBANON
Originally Posted by mer2os View Post
I finally found a solution for the crashes:
I reset my phone, then cleared the whole device, then flashed it... I was starting from fresh <--- this is not the solution YET
I didn't install anything but wazapp nightly8.
It was working fine at first.
After a few hours started crashing again.
Noticed it happened more while trying to access a group conversation.
Not sure why, but synced contacts again.
Worked better for a few uses then again crashed..
re-synced the contacts again and again.
Now no more crashes at all!
Apparently it doesn't sync properly in one go from the first time (got more than 500 contacts on wazapp). And when not synced well it crashes.
I then installed FasterN9 and N9Qtweak etc....
No crashes whatsoever.

Conclusion:
Nightly8 works properly.
Crashes had nothing to do with FasterN9 or any other app.
Sync contacts multiple times so it syncs properly.
Keep Testing plz nd let us know if any crash happens
am not using this version but if crashing is fixed i want to get back to it. Thanks

@rAsMi, keep in mind it is a BETA application, so expect bugs and crashes. If you have found the version that you like or more convenient for you to use, there is no need to make it such a big deal and test the nerves of the developer with your daily posts insisting on how bad the last may be, some other users can handle that and your complains or comments are already known. I do dislike the way Coderus answers sometimes, he is the developer though. Then, the advise for you is: use wazapp as it is and wait for the next version if the latest was not fully functional for you. Anyways, each version has a different behavior in the devices, last update works fine for me with yes, some random crashes (I can deal with it).

PS. and I'm referring to nightly updates specifically, sorry for referring as "developer" when obviously, the .deb compiles are based on the github of Tarek's and rest of the devs' changes

Last edited by Dazsa; 2012-12-13 at 19:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dazsa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
just wait for tarek release and forget about nightlies. only wazapp.im updates now. keep waiting months for updates.

or learn git and qtcreator to build and try it self.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ LEBANON
Originally Posted by Dazsa View Post
@rAsMi, keep in mind it is a BETA application, so expect bugs and crashes. If you have found the version that you like or more convenient for you to use, there is no need to make it such a big deal and test the nerves of the developer with your daily posts insisting on how bad the last may be, some other users can handle that and your complains or comments are already known. I do dislike the way Coderus answers sometimes, he is the developer though. Then, the advise for you is: use wazapp as it is and wait for the next version if the latest was not fully functional for you. Anyways, each version has a different behavior in the devices, last update works fine for me with yes, some random crashes (I can deal with it).

PS. and I'm referring to nightly updates specifically, sorry for referring as "developer" when obviously, the .deb compiles are based on the github of Tarek's and rest of the devs' changes
This thread is for reporting bugs and that is all what am doing reporting bugs nd craches and sometimes conferming other reports ...... all that in order to b fixed
and in every post i always thank developers for their work and appreciate it a lot
but i dont know what happened to Coderus
he jst got mad nd dont want to work on nightlies anymore

as if if we report a bug or crash we are humiliating him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but that is completly wrong bcz i told him all the time am using his nightly versions since they are amazing nd sooo smooth he fixes a lot off bugs

ok some versions have problems but others work perfect

i reallyy hope Coderus continue working on his nightlies ...... bcz he will b a big lose for this application developement

Originally Posted by rAsMi View Post
Keep Testing plz nd let us know if any crash happens
am not using this version but if crashing is fixed i want to get back to it. Thanks

I said after sycing contacts several times there are no more crashes.
Now nightly8 works really well for me.
Therfore try syncing more than 1 time, maybe 3 or 5 times...
rAsMi you should try, even though you're gonna find difficulties at first but it helps the community and the developers who are sacrificing a lot of their time for the rest of us.

I would like to thank Coderus for his amazing work. Nightlies are great.
A few days ago a friend of mine, (♀, iphone owner) saw me using my wazapp and was really amazed by the UI, she even said it was much better than the whatsapp for iphone!!

The Following User Says Thank You to mer2os For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
just wait for tarek release and forget about nightlies. only wazapp.im updates now. keep waiting months for updates.

or learn git and qtcreator to build and try it self.
Damn what got him this Pissed Off??

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp