Active Topics

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ palencia
Do not hesitate, if you spare any phone I'll be happy to provide house
itīs a joke!!!

PD: I'll be happy to participate again next year!!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommyj23 For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, I did find some great apps in the competition but is there a single place where I can see all applications and where to get them? I checked the wiki for competition 2012 but I can't find a description if apps are in store or a separate download and a link to it.

Cheers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diggler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Maybe we can get some devices from Jolla? (maybe as a payback for their ads on future versions of maemo.org?)
Hmm possible I guess We do know someone who knows someone at Jolla and dropped some hints about this competition but no luck this time. But they are only starting up, perhaps when they are more established

Originally Posted by tommyj23 View Post
Do not hesitate, if you spare any phone I'll be happy to provide house
itīs a joke!!!

PD: I'll be happy to participate again next year!!!!
Yeah nice try

It'll be good to see you back!

Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
Hi guys, I did find some great apps in the competition but is there a single place where I can see all applications and where to get them? I checked the wiki for competition 2012 but I can't find a description if apps are in store or a separate download and a link to it.

Cheers
Not really a place where everything is in one big lump like that on the wiki, but they all should have some download instructions on the submissions which point to where you can download them. It's a matter of looking through each of the category pages individually I'm afraid to pick out the download instructions. If i had the time, i would add a link to each app name in the participants table but there's just so darn many of them I might find some time yet

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-10-02 at 09:43.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
Oh no, 5th place for DingMee. You should see now my girlfriends sad eyes ;-)

Anyway, thanks for all votes!

Before I bought my N9 and join this community, I thought Harmattan is dead. But the opposite is true!
This a great system. I hope there will be another competition next year.

Keep coding ;-)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chrm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chrm View Post
Oh no, 5th place for DingMee. You should see now my girlfriends sad eyes ;-)
In before someone asks for pics...

Don't worry, with a 5th place finish you're in line for a bounty share you can use to help her smile again (hint: chocolates never fail )

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-10-02 at 11:33.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
I have to say thank you to everybody, especially the organizers of 2012 coding competition.

I'm very very happy to finally get a precious N9, that is the best moment in my dev life (even better than when I got my N950), but most important, through this competition, I discovered this vibrant community that is in TMO, I got support from french Maemo / Meego fans that gave me motivation to release a quite polished version.

Great thanks to Iryus . Great thanks also to qwazix for making me participate to the competition, and to testers that bricked their devices for me

Anyway, I hope that next year, there will still be this awesome competition, maybe this time with a different phone manufacturer like Jolla

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I am curious if overall more votes went to Fremantle or Harmattan devices.

If voters are only casting their votes for applications that they have run on their devices, the competition may evolve mostly into a statistical representation of how many Fremantle or Harmattan devices are distributed among the voters.

If that is the case, it might be more fair to split the next competition into two categories.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I personally did not consider fremantle/harmattan at all for my votings, neither did/could test all apps, but decided also on idea of app, coding skills/technique (as far as I could evaluate ) or just estimated usability for the community.

Nevertheless: maybe we could add two more categories, overall fremantle and overall harmattan (like Beginners)? Of course depending on amount of available devices/prices.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin View Post
I have to say thank you to everybody, especially the organizers of 2012 coding competition.
Why no kojacker amongst candidates for Foundation's Board of Directors? you're proven as a great organizer, and despite declaring being constrained by lack of free time, you're doing more, than others declaring full availability.

Now You should see *my* sad eyes, when I saw list of BoD candidates (without kojacker)...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-03 at 16:36.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
I am curious if overall more votes went to Fremantle or Harmattan devices.

If voters are only casting their votes for applications that they have run on their devices, the competition may evolve mostly into a statistical representation of how many Fremantle or Harmattan devices are distributed among the voters.

If that is the case, it might be more fair to split the next competition into two categories.
Hmm I don't have those statistics rotoflex but taking a quick glance over the results it seems pretty mixed, maybe slightly more votes for Fremantle. Yep like you say, I'm sure there are a lot of people who only vote for apps they have run on their own device. It's understandable you want to try something before you vote for it. But also I've heard other reasons - for example, if someone has developed something new or cool they hope will be ported to their device later. And in a few cases I think if the app just looks good, or simply to reward a developer that they like. Sometimes I don't like the reason I hear, but that's what you get when you make it an open vote Let's consider your split idea for the next competition and if enough people like it then we'll do it

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I personally did not consider fremantle/harmattan at all for my votings, neither did/could test all apps, but decided also on idea of app, coding skills/technique (as far as I could evaluate ) or just estimated usability for the community.

Nevertheless: maybe we could add two more categories, overall fremantle and overall harmattan (like Beginners)? Of course depending on amount of available devices/prices.
Those are all great reasons and type of ideas I hope people have in their minds when they are voting

Yep, again let's put your two extra categories on the table for the next competition We do have fcrochik's prize to come (which is a N9 for the best overall N900 app) so we have a little bit of that this time too. It's great to keep the competition fresh with new ideas.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Why no kojacker amongst candidates for Foundation's Board of Directors? you're proven as a great organizer, and despite declaring being constrained by lack of free time, you're doing more, than others declaring full availability.

Now You should see *my* sad eyes, when I saw list of BoD candidates (without kojacker)...

/Estel
lol.. you're very kind and thank you! But I feel the candidates running are much better at those things than me. I did think about running for council once a few years back (the same year Zehjotkah ran) but to be honest I never thought about it since. It takes a lot of time and dedication, I'll be happy to help out if ever needed

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-10-03 at 18:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas