Active Topics

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
They are never too many

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Return it now, or forever hold your peace :-)
Yeah I know.. either I return it now before the week, or I'll shut up forever...I have only Monday to contact them I think...we'll think about it this week end

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm somewhat concerned about the many picky things that could be wrong with my N900 when I get it, and the one week I have to find them. It's a good thing I'm not going to be out of town soon, or it would be too late to send it back the instant I saw it.

If 10% of the N900s have a serious defect (I have seen that estimate), someone is going to get one defective N900 after another, just because of bad luck. I hope that's not me Of course, the one-week period in which the device can be sent back ENCOURAGES hair-trigger decisions -- might as well send it back, delay could be fatal!

Last edited by geneven; 2009-12-26 at 09:56.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
I'm glad that they are now being delivered...

On a brighter note MicroB works fine with a chrome directory and userContent.css. Faheem's WML Browser port also works. The Mplayer plug-in needs some work but that might be more on the Mplayers end as it recognizes the file type from within the browser but hangs downloading the playlist.

The browser and speed of the connection is the heart and soul of this thing. A user editable CSS file would go a long way in the mass appeal department.
Then others could experience the joy of "click to play" flash tweaks as well as on the fly ad blocking and tailored views of favorite sites.

SLN member # 009

I got my N900. There is no buzzing when I hit a key, though the setting is checked correctly.

The only thing I can charge the N900 with is the microusb adapter. I don't have anything that will plug into a standard US electrical outlet. I have one of those two-prong adapters that would work fine plugging into an electrical outlet in Russia, but I'm in California.

I'm not sure it is worth returning this thing for those two minor flaws.

So far I'm not enjoying the experience much, not sure why. Maybe the screen size bugs me.

Which keys and which buzzing ?
I don't quite get it

Whenever you hit the anykey or the touchscreen, there is a low vibration by default. It is in the Settings and can be turned off.

Fortunately, I can now feel the vibration. I must be attuned to it now.

So, besides the lack of a US plugin for an electrical outlet, this unit seems just fine so far.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
If vibra doesn't work on calls - send it back.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Forum Nokia and the DDP to the rescue!!

My Summit loaner N900 has had a serious hardware problem since the start of March. It was acting drunk and irrational, and refusing to act like a well behaved N900 (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46134).

After shopping around for another, I remembered that I did not purchase one through the DDP even though I received the invitation in December. Of course, the N900 was no longer being offered for 250 Euros in my eStore. But, a quick email to Forum Nokia, and after a few days, they reactivated my offer to buy it at the original discount price. It was shipped last Friday, and is in Toronto today. Hopefully I will get delivery of it tomorrow!

Thank you Forum Nokia and Maemo Devices for your generosity.

Jonesing it has been difficult.

Last edited by EIPI; 2010-03-23 at 00:13. Reason: clerical change

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Great news

Just in time to update it to the upcoming PR1.2 !!