Notices

+1 for useragent persistent changes in opera:config

Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
That works... but only to the point when you click the "facebook" -logo on top left to return to the mainpage, it redirects back to mobile view. I guess I just have to use MicroB for facebookking until Opera Mobile allows to change user agent.
Have you tried pressing the thing on the bottom that says "full site"? Works when I'm using the touch-version on MicroB. Also, try opera:config.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by tHMZ View Post
Have you tried pressing the thing on the bottom that says "full site"? Works when I'm using the touch-version on MicroB. Also, try opera:config.
As I previously said; the setting @ opera:config has no effect on maemo version of Opera Mobile 11.

Preffing "full page" link @ facebook works fine until you want to go back to home feed by cliking the FB logo, or if you want to go check your messages and in many other situations it just directs you to mobile version. No matter how many times you have tapped the full page -link

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

It's really fast and smooth. However, I can't view youtube video in the Opera Mobile 11. Does anyone know how to install the flash plug-in in the browser. Thanks.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
I also must report failure with my online banking site. The site says "Your account is not configured for mobile online banking".
It worked fine with Opera 10.
Opera 11 seems to pull the mobile site prolly caused by the site's browser sniffing. Since mobile access costs €2.50/month extra to use an inferior site, I have to use Desktop version site which is better anyway.
Oh well, no big deal i can still use microb or fennec.

+1 for making user agent string changeable.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Opera is wonderful, but I kind of cannot see how to make the session restore work.

I would like a LOT to leave the session as it is now and come back later, but I just got to do this ONCE (don't know how - looked like it worked when I exited within opera instead of clicking "X") after the update from 10 to 11, and now after this last update (11.7 to 11.8?), not even that way.

That is the thing that would make me use Opera instead of Microb. If I have to reopen all tabs every time I open Opera I will use Microb instead.

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-03-27 at 13:33.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
any hope of getting flash 9.4 in opera 11 ???

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Is it possible to downgrade to Opera 10 ? Or keep both versions ?

UI has become poorer: I think I must click much more (especially back button several times when I want to close window). Try: http://apareena.arvopaperi.fi/forum/list/id=sf/ Every time zoom in and same again on message window! Hitting back must be done quickly, sometimes it goes too far back. Now test same link with Opera Mini, much less clicks!

Sometimes the browser only zooms links in and out without opening. Only restart helps.

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
You can find the Opera 10 package here:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...tle0_armel.deb

I'm also thinking about downgrading: I don't really like the double tap to zoom (and most of the times Opera reacts opening the link I clicked while trying to zoom).

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Changing user-agent would be great! Like the browser better every day. Much faster and great start-screen!

Tags
fast browser, opera