Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
I've updated http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Features for today's release.
Note vibration needs a supporting program installing too. I've not tested this so not documented it on that page yet.

@maemo55 and others who are wondering why they don't see the new things should read it :-)
Remember: the defaults even after installing the CSSU are just as they were, you have to turn on the new bits.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
I dont know if anyone else noticed that we mentioned some days before. After the N900 is connected using mass storage mode with a computer, store location of photos in camera application is having by default memory stick(if exists) choice.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
I dont know if anyone else noticed that we mentioned some days before. After the N900 is connected using mass storage mode with a computer, store location of photos in camera application is having by default memory stick(if exists) choice.
Not a CSSU issue, AFAIK.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
tactile makes it vibrate during animation i.e. rotation? every time it rotates it'll vibrate? Including drop-down menus?

I'm more concerned about battery consumption... I think this is a more serious issue... holding the phone in portrait alone consumes more. This I definitely feel

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
highlights transistions and menu animations through haptic feedback.

Makes it vibrate on animations.
can you describe tactile more detailed?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StocChr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
very nice indeed..very nice!loving it..

hahaha!! IN YOUR FACE NOKIA!! We don't need u anymore..we have our own community!!

p/s: or perhaps we still need u to open some closed-source components..lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
can you describe tactile more detailed?
I've only installed it this morning but here goes.

For a lot of the animations that the device outputs, for example the status menu dropping down into position, the vibration motor kicks in, albeit gently, to let you know through haptic feedback that an event is occuring. It also vibrates gently during transitions between menus and / or screen rotation. I haven't fully got to grips with where tactile kicks in yet, but if and when i do I will update further.

If you want my personal slant on it, it's unnecessary and not even really what I would call a nicety, but I will leave it in place to see if it grows on me or not.

EDIT
On a side note I installed FastSMSEvo this morning to get the alpha-numeric input keyboard system-wide. When it was first installed I needed to reboot before it was available and given priority over the standard Maemo5 VKB, but after subsequent reboots (changing transistions.ini) I have totally lost the VKB, both FastSMSEvo and Maemo5 stock. I have tried the previously mentioned battery removal but am reluctant to remove FastSMSEvo to revert to stock - as for me, alpha-numeric input with one hand is far superior to QWERTY format. Does anyone have any suggesitons?
/EDIT

Last edited by Switch_; 2011-02-22 at 14:01.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Guys, that all is definetely great, but as always there are some bugs, so i did turn everyting except that new tactile thingy (cause i don't really trust devel things, they have messed up my phone many times) and everything looks just great and superb. BUT when i locked my phone and then hold it as in a portrait mode and then push the power button, i see my lockscreen image tiled up the screen two times, and it's horizontal to the earth, so messed up a bit, although the time is situated in an expected place as in the portrait mode. I did actually chenge my lockscreen to show today's date with big words, as i saw somewhere on a MOD thread, maybe that's a causing thing, but still.... and also does everybody have to pull their hw keyboard in order to change the vkb in a text message from portrait to landscape?? And i still do need to do a lot of Shift ctrl r pressing...

Anyways, NOKIA can now **** it up=)

(Edit)
So my customization has nothing to do with it, CSSU turn the lockscreen very good especially time, but the lockslider.png does tiles up the whole screen, i think powerful guys behind this CSSU could somehow stick in any lockscreenPortrait.png thingy... who knows

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-02-22 at 14:20.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
thanks Switch_

i think this tool is useless for me. i also disabled vibration feedback for touch on the screen

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
then, the in-development Maemo 5 Community SSU guys should implement a donate button here....for us to thank them and for them to feel their work appreciated. Otherwise, I believe, this will come to an end if not encouraged.
Habemus Maemo5 SSU team!. Long live Maemo5!

The Following User Says Thank You to gorgezilla For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade