Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I can't believe the amount of emphasis people are putting on the date shown in the calendar! The date shown on a calendar doesn't prove when the footage was shot at all. Anyone can swipe back and forth on the calendar to reach any date in the past or future. It's quite likely that the actor was doing this quite a lot, to get a feel for the device before or during being filmed. It's just random!
I don't really care about the date to be honest, it don't make a difference. Some posters here were hooked onto it.

Anyhoo, the hardware looks good and ofcourse Meego looks pretty sweet.

And my N900 is starting to show its age now!

If it would really be Symbian, it would just be a competition to their own E7, which doesn't make much sense, even with slightly better specs like higher res display, 12MP camera, faster cpu. And Symbian... come on!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
the calendar looks either symbianish, or definately a step backwards from the month at a glance from maemo.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
if it is symbian, i will pass. :/

only time will tell.

or next week maybe when i go to the meego conv in sf.

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
if it is symbian, i will pass. :/

only time will tell.

or next week maybe when i go to the meego conv in sf.
its harmattan/meego, but definitely not symbian.

it just looks a little bit like symbian because it has the same icons, but these are the new nokia icons, not only created for symbian.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
status bar on symbian anna is identical to current symbian which is not same as in that video

I was thinking of this mock-up.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by joppu View Post

I was thinking of this mock-up.
They are just keeping the visual identity. I wouldn't be surprise if it looks like Symbian future mock-ups. It's definitely MeeGo

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
This teaser is a mixing of feelings.

We can not forget that Nokia just left behind Maemo and the N900 when this phone was not even 1 year old. Today, for my, my n900 is alive because of the work of the CSSU team. So based on that, I think I'll think twice to buy another Nokia phone.

However, I have not found yet a good hardware as the n900, so if this N9 will have a hardware keyboard, I think I'll buy it, even knowing that Nokia will forget about it soon in favor to Windows 7.

I'll end up preordering one in amazon as soon as it shows up :-)

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
As said, MeeGo is *part* of future disruptions.

No doubt everyone should do that. Never blindly buy something. My intention wasn't to push anyone to buy that device.
I'm just sick of all that Nokia bashing. Yes they made a decision. Yes, we don't like it.
But did you know most Nokia employees don't like it either and they want MeeGo as success?
So I for my part will go ahead and work with every MeeGo-device I can get. Even if it is from "evil-Nokia".

Also Nokia said clearly to me, that if this device will be a commercial success they of course will continue to push MeeGo.
WP7 will mostly replace Symbian. That's because Nokia does have a problem with delays and buggy software at Symbian. So they need a company making software for them.
If there was I way say thanks twice I would do it. Couldnt say it better myself :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
We had this discussion about RM-680 being E7 back when it was leaked and now it seems we got the same with RM-680 having Symbian or MeeGo.
Imo It's hardly surprising that the UI got same elements between the two. if you remember these two(Symbian& Nokia's MeeGo) where meant to share the space inside Nokia ecosystem, including apps.

Nokia of course wants to keep it familiar as it did with Maemo 5 having Symbian icons or S40 and S60 looking the same while they shared nothing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland