Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Beatty View Post
Hi
I have made a simple QBW that sets the profile to Silent when the phone is placed face down (a bit like what the HTC Desire does) using $QBW_ORIENTATION_FACE.
Is there a way for this to function when the screen is locked?
Thx
Please elaborate further ...
QBW can monitor DBUS system/session events; these events are fired on the sys-dbus when slider is moved and phone goes LowPow
Code:
signal sender=:1.8 -> dest=(null destination) serial=20336 path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_slide; interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=Condition
   string "ButtonPressed"
   string "cover"
signal sender=:1.12 -> dest=(null destination) serial=4505 path=/com/nokia/mce/signal; interface=com.nokia.mce.signal; member=display_status_ind
   string "dimmed"
signal sender=:1.12 -> dest=(null destination) serial=4506 path=/com/nokia/mce/signal; interface=com.nokia.mce.signal; member=system_inactivity_ind
   boolean true
signal sender=:1.12 -> dest=(null destination) serial=4508 path=/com/nokia/mce/signal; interface=com.nokia.mce.signal; member=tklock_mode_ind
   string "locked"
signal sender=:1.12 -> dest=(null destination) serial=4509 path=/com/nokia/mce/signal; interface=com.nokia.mce.signal; member=display_status_ind
   string "off"
maybe you can hook to some of this...

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Please elaborate further ...
QBW can monitor DBUS system/session events; these events are fired on the sys-dbus when slider is moved and phone goes LowPow
Thx NNNY. Will work through these and see what happens. QBW works great - having lots of fun making simple time savers for the desktop.

The Following User Says Thank You to Beatty For This Useful Post:
Almost forgot to celebrate:
Beyond 100 K Downloads Wall ...
... deserves 100 K Thank You All, buddies

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Originally Posted by 09-10-10, 07:42 PM No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Almost forgot to celebrate:
Beyond 50 K Downloads Wall

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post

Nice one dude. Thanks for the encouragement!

You sign up and your first post is to critisise some elses code, saying it's ugly! Please, feel free to elaborate.
... and yours is better! Yet where is it? Please post your code so we can see how it should be done or better still beautify mine.
Ok calm down
I said sorry, I thanked you and I said, that your code is faster. I am still using your code, and I am still looking for a better way to achieve this. As I mentioned I changed your script to change the background via gconftool-2 (I'll post it if you want). It takes less file operation, but it is slower.

I don't know why my first posts should be smalltalk. Your idea is good, but the code is NOT! I had something to say, so I said it. I didn't want to offend you. If you are younger than 18 y i deeply apologize for my rude language. Otherwise behave like an adult.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
thank you No!No!No!Yes! for the ultimate widget , the ultimate desktop tool for n900 !!!!!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to moepda For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sethkha View Post
As I mentioned I changed your script to change the background via gconftool-2 (I'll post it if you want). It takes less file operation, but it is slower.
Yes please, please post your code, We'd appreciate seeing it.

I don't know why my first posts should be smalltalk. Your idea is good, but the code is NOT!
Please explain why the code is not good, I'm not saying it is. It was a quick lash to prove a concept, but how is it bad in your view?

Here is my explanation:

The code seems to run quickly, if you compare two QBWs, one to print out the orientation and a second to copy the file and print the orientation they seem to run as quickly as each other. It’s just the background image takes time to be displayed, this is an OS issue.

My opinion about the delay is probably the operating system taking its sweet time to deal with the event caused by the change of the background image file. As Maemo seems slow at best to register an event I am assuming that this is the cause in the delay. You can also bet that even though the image doesn't need resizing to fit the screen it will be resized taking up yet more time.

I haven’t yet played around with symlinks to see if they are quicker. But if you check what gconftool does, you will find that it will first copy your chosen image to a temporary file, something like /home/user/.backgrounds/.goutputstream-GIHVLV, then it will then process it to correct any size issues, next it has to do a lot of processing to convert what it has created into a PNG file, something like /home/user/.backgrounds/background-4.png.bak, a slow process at best. At this point you are now at the same point where my code will start! gconftool will then delete the original file with a move where as I will delete the original with a copy, my way might take a little longer to do (we are talking milliseconds here).

I had something to say, so I said it. I didn't want to offend you. If you are younger than 18 y i deeply apologize for my rude language. Otherwise behave like an adult.
I welcome constructive criticism, fire away, going blah doesn't help. Oh and - manners are for everyone not just for kids.

gconftool is definitely not the way to go as too much processing is involved, hence the 3 second delay with it.

Hope this explains things. Rant over, happy scripting.

No!No!No!Yes!
While playing around with the orientation QBW I have noticed that the orientation event will sometimes stop, don't know why. If I create another orientation QBW the second one is un-effected as are all other QBWs.
If I enter the Advanced settings and press Run it will work correctly, also if I resize the QBW and press Save & Run it will not run nor will the resize setting get saved!
Hope this helps narrow it down.
My device has been recently reflashed with both images for PR1.3

o m god are you 2 still at it , come on wouldnt it be better for you to work with each other an all will go well !!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:
I'm done!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
yes
Love, peace and happiness

I tried symlinks, but it failed

The Following User Says Thank You to sethkha For This Useful Post: