Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Was just notified that my Lumia 920 CYAN is IN!!. And, they will only charge it as if it is an upgrade, $99, instead of the full price originally. Yay!

Stock will keep going up. Its a decent product that will do well.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Picture or lie...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Just like I lied about the 3 N9s.....

It's a big phone. I mean real big. You can kill someone with this thing.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
The State of Smartphones in 2012: Part I of our Ultimate Guide

Best Windows Phone 8 handset: [hint: It's not a Nokia]
And this will effect the Nokia stock exactly how?

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
It's a big phone. I mean real big. You can kill someone with this thing.
pst: what about that daperl/shitter/dramos trio ?

Originally Posted by specc View Post
And this will effect the Nokia stock exactly how?
If high end smartphones are part of their success strategy, poorly. People generally don't like the way Nokia's flagship phone feels. This bad first impression points to a core ineptitude on Nokia's part, but most of us saw this coming with the size transition from the Lumia 800 to the Lumia 900. Hey, I love big phones, my Galaxy Nexus kicks a*s, but I bet the Galaxy Note II feels better in the hand than a Lumia 920.

Nokia didn't get the memo on how to compete in the high end smartphone arena. But that's okay, according to the graph you pointed to, Series 40 will pull them through.

Elop rules!

Yay!!! ELOP rules in Europe

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Nokia didn't get the memo on how to compete in the high end smartphone arena. But that's okay, according to the graph you pointed to, Series 40 will pull them through.
Looking at the stat counter, I am quite surprised at how well our good old friend Symbian is still doing. If you pick any area or region you will find it amongst the top 4 mobile OS's and constantly ahead of WP. It's only immediate competition is BB and the "other os" category (that is when it is not in the #1 slot).

Not bad for OS that has been put out to pasture.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by specc View Post
I picked Europe, because Europe is the place where people change phones at a most rapid paste. It is also the place with most varying user base regarding what's hot and what's not.

Android is growing, but that is not all that is happening. WP is getting a larger and larger user base, it's the ecosystem with largest relative growth, by far.

WP may never become as large as android, but it may already be large enough to be viable.
s/paste/pace/

You seem to be trying to exercise "cherry-picking." The key word you used was 'relative', in addition to trying to choose a best-case scenario for what you wish was a trend... once again, framing things in the best light possible despite the fact that you could also frame a user-base that went from one user to two users in the last six months in a large meeting room as 'doubled marketshare!' despite still only being two users in a crowded building full of comparatively thousands of other users of anything else. That's hardly 'viable.'

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Thanks I like you too.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
I think you find it nearly as hard to resist as I do
I do.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha