Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Here are new plugins:
->Visualization plugins Infinity

->Visualization plugin: Goom (modified to 8-bit because IT doesn't handle 32bits)

For both of them, you'll have to maybe tweak some values in ~/.xmms/config (with respect to Xsize, Ysize).
Result is fine, or should I say hypnotic.

->13 new XMMS Skins
Another one is in preparation, asked by a member.

->Xmms data cdread
Reads datas our of cds, in case you use an external CDROM
->Xmms find
Regexp search
->Xmms goodnight
Fades out xmms volume at a given time, following version should switch off the IT at given time.
->Xmms cltrl
Control Xmms from CLI. I've seen another member porting such kind of app, I'll look into it to merge/integrate/remove mine

Update your repo:
debfarm.free.fr
chinook
user

Feedback welcome, as usual

Last edited by free; 2008-01-03 at 13:18.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
Free, I installed both goom and infinity. Adjusted infinity to 800x400 ... *grin* love it!. Goom on the other hand hasn't produced any results. Meaning I click to enable plugin and I get the satisfaction of having clicked a button.

It's amazing at 30fps (full speed) infinity is smooth as heck while playing an mp3. Don't ever let anyone say that the n800 is underpowered. This smoothness at 800x400 is something x86 didn't achieve till it hit 600mhz + with a voodo card. I am even more impressed than before with the hardware.

Last edited by linuxrebel; 2008-01-03 at 10:07.

Thanks.

Meaning I click to enable plugin and I get the satisfaction of having clicked a button.
I can make it crash if you want

Ok so it was not only on my tablet that I got problem with goom.
I made a version. It worked.
I changed something. It didn't work but I thought it's my tweaked environment. So I'll revert to older version and upload it

There probably can be more speed improvement as this is SDL based and I've seen some threads about optimizing SDL.
But still, yes, infinity works well.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
Originally Posted by free View Post
I can make it crash if you want
No thanks I've got lot's of programs to do that thank you But frankly Infinity gets lots of oohs and aahs from ipod users... Only thing really missing IMHO is the alsa plugin so I can experiment with A2DP and my bluetooth headphones.

Alsa plugin done (Version 4)
I think I hadn't put it in bora because there were some kind of conflict.
Or maybe it just makes the whole stuff not work, ahh I can't remember, you'll have to try

Cheers

Infinity visualization is great... please build a fullscreen version of that

Even not fullscreen, its nice... i used 2x scaling and set infinity window size to 350x205 (doubles it to 700x410). Perfect way to show off device as media device. That along with 'D'oubled windowshade mode also make this very usable while working with other apps.

In the vis plugins you could find where they call something like :
SDL_SetVideoMode(vid.width, vid.height, 8, flags)

If i were u i would do a check on width and height and if its 400x240 or 800x480 i would add fullscreen flag like :

if ( (width == 400 && height == 240) || (width == 800 && height == 480))
flags |= SDL_FULLSCREEN;

Nice man, thanks.. keep goin!

Thanks for the SDL idea. Looks like you know more than me about SDL. It could be that I bother you via PM (some minor problems about xy origin for the visu and general ideas about sdlrect and coordinates)

But then how do you get out of fullscreen? The only fullscreen I did was the middle part by modifiying ~/.xmms/config). Arg I wish I had my IT..

2x scalling is part of infinity option? Hum where did you find that

Sure, pm away...

Under visualizations, configure infinity plugin and drag the scale factor slider all the way to right (basically only 2 settings , scale 1 and 2) I -think- that maps to sres=2 infinity config setting (for 2x scale).

You might want to lower xres and yres to half what u have them at now before doing that though.

I dont know, i think i was hoping escape button would kill it... does desktop version support fullscreen? Does escape back out of that? Or for that fact, if desktop does support that how does desktop turn it on?

Also - might be cool to remap keys so that maybe fullscreen toggles windowshade mode (currently ctrl-w , remap to F6) and maybe zoomin to doubled mode (remap ctrl-d to F8 or F7)

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-01-08 at 01:15.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
Well, now that ALSA is included, I will give it a shot... Always looking for more things to get A2DP working with!

Edit: My efforts have been hindered by the apparent lack of the xkbd deb from your repo... All signs point to it being at http://debfarm.free.fr/pool/xkbd_0.8.15m-1_armel.deb but from what I can see, it isn't there.

Last edited by rm_you; 2008-01-08 at 03:00.

Internet radio works... just saved playlist to mmc and opened with xmms.

Nice... could replace soundbridge as nightime radio.... with visualizations

Oh yea seems infinity toggles fullscreen with tab... would be nice to remap to F6