Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
Saw there is a new thread on Roadmap (this one). Posted this on the older thread.

How do I force getmaps to use MMC2. I have manually run getmaps and specified the MMC2/roadmaps directory, and downloaded maps; but when I use the "get maps from this view" from the main app, it tries to download to MMC1 (gives me an error, because there is no MMC1/roadmaps dir), then it creates one on MMC1 and downloads the maps to it.

using 1.1.0i-7

also: are the icons on the toolbar described somewhere? I am having a hard time figuring out what some of them do.

also also: N800 with bluetooth gps. When I run getmaps without the gps connected, it locks up the whole tablet. Have to pull the battery.

also also also: How do I get it to display my current track? Tried the "display track" toggle but nothing shows.

Last edited by bluesubaru; 2008-07-14 at 03:33. Reason: added also

Originally Posted by kernelpanic View Post

[edit] I am running into issues with some OSM maps, but not others. If getmaps hangs without ever finishing download, or if it says- 'no data to write to...' please post with the tile id and bitsize so I can track down what's up.

thx [/edit]
Hello

I am having some problems with OSM maps download. Download hangs when I try lo dowload maps from locations near lat 65,72126° lon 24,59622°. I have tried with several bit sizes whitout results. I can download maps from other locatins of the world, but download hangs every time when I try to download maps from Finland. I think roadmap is a great software, if I just could get somehow OSM maps from Finland to my N810.

Hey kernelpanic,

Congrads on the roadmap release!
I'm hesitating for a while now whether to get the N810 or not basically because of the availability of maps in my country for it.

I came to know about the freemap project (http://www.freemap.co.il) which is similar to openstreetsmaps.org and is based on the roadmap application (as they claim, at least for the actual application if not for the website - see: http://www.freemap.co.il/wiki/index....9B%D7%A0%D7%94)

I was wondering if it's possible to check if the maps they supply
are actually compatible and working with the roadmap application on the N810 (from the wiki they provide the following link: http://www.freemap.co.il/roadmap/roa...ome_0_10_0.tgz)

Thanks.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Charlotte NC
I know this thread is a bit old but to me (being slow in the head that I am), this looked like a good spot to post a question about Roadmap. I currently have version 1.1.0j-7diablo installed and I like it a lot. I have experienced that nearly all of the time while in use I get a window that pops up showing a progress bar and says Road on it. The window, I am assuming, is stating that it is drawing the roads for OSM data but I am not sure. The more I zoom out the more constant the window appears. If i am moving in a vehicle it appears so often that I am not able to see the map where i am driving. Even sitting still this window appears almost as if it is blinking. Does anyone know to stop it from displaying that popup or am I the only one that is experienciing this? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

christian...