Notices

How to *only* import the weather icon into QBW?

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by eL.ectron1k View Post
Ahhhh
why when i press save and run - it doesnt goes to desktop - but goes Success message and on desktop these is widget with text - no image available............
Did you instll wget? Go to x-terminal and as root, type apt-get install wget

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
How to *only* import the weather icon into QBW?
As I've said many times in this thread, I am not the creator of this HTC clock widget, Darkgunman is.

He created it to be this way and I only followed his exact instructions and wrote a guide to make them very simple to follow by anyone.

If you want to make any changes in what the widget displays or how it works, you will have to contact Darkgunman or see the QBW for noobs thread.

Sorry I can't be more help than this. All I can do in this thread is help you create the HTC clock exactly as instructed by Darkgunman, I don't know how to make significant changes to it, other than resizing and orientation.

Please read this post CAREFULLY:

I've noticed a lot of people asking for help and getting confused on some of the steps, if you are one of these people, please read all of this post and your issues should be fully resolved.

Not aiming this at anyone specific, but generally there are a lot of people attempting to get the HTC clocks and missing steps in the guide. They end up with various issues and it's all because they didn't pay proper attention to a section or missed an easy step. People are missing things like 'apt-get install wget' and then wonder why their weather image is not displaying. This is just silly.

The guide is VERY easy to follow, in fact it is an entire step-by-step breakdown of how to get the HTC clock widget on your N900. It cannot get any simpler or easier than this.

You need no previous knowledge of QBW or anything else for that matter, all you need is to be able to follow instructions accurately.

So if you just read the guide slowly and carefully, calmly take your time with it, you will find it is very easy to follow each step. Just take it one step at a time and within 20 mins you will have your widget created and fully functioning first time round.

So please read the entire guide in Post # 1. Don't just skipe to the steps, read the bit before it too. Read all of it and follow it carefully. If you do that, you will get the results you want and this will resolve all issues.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Prozac786; 2011-05-05 at 21:03.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Harkema
Originally Posted by vicscraft View Post
@Prozac786
thanks man! i always ignore QBW, my first impression is that it was too complicated for noobs. after trying your tutorial, found out that it rocks! here's a screenshot of mine.
how did you get that bar at the bottom of your screen??

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Harkema
Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
This is noob friendly, it's very easy to follow instructions, just read them carefully.

I clearly meant all 4 of the 0's that appear. I wrote that in the guide
i dont see any 0's all i get is this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by A.J.; 2011-05-06 at 14:34.

Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
i dont see any 0's all i get is this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thats the weather widget, you just need to resize it and it will appear properly. Resize the width, height and scroll down and also resize from the scale option.

After you have created that, follow the steps to create the rest. There will be multiple widgets, not just one.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Russia
Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
Did you instll wget? Go to x-terminal and as root, type apt-get install wget
Of course i've installed wget, in top of FAQ i can see requirements

Now i got images but they are not changing..

Now i have 00 00
and it is not fixing by cleaning Remember me value and Save and run..

Last edited by eL.ectron1k; 2011-05-10 at 12:22.

Now i have 00 00
I am honestly not sure why that is, if you've done all of the steps correctly then everything should work perfectly fine. Did you set the update policies to yes (four of them as mentioned in the guide) and did you set update interval to 30 seconds?

If you've done all of the above then everything should be working. If it isn't, then try to recreate the widgets from scratch. I had such an issue where my weather image wasn't updating, I just re-created the weather widget by adding a completely new widget and following the same steps in the advanced section.

That fixed it for me. Hope this helps

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia

Now i have 00 00
did you enter the id of all four clock number into the background images setup???
if you did then do back to the step where you put the id but this time delete the id (or replace with some bogus id) that you have enter before then save & run...
after you have save & run then again go back to background setup & re-enter the correct id...delete the remember me values before you save & run...