Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
Must not be my day..tried 5 different ipk. file and got this on everyone..
Failed!
Cannot parse JSON: gzip: short read /usr/bin/gnu/tar: Child returned status 1 /usr/bin/gnu/tar: *appinfo.json: Not found in archive /usr/bin/gnu/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors .. any ideas,,ty

solved..ty

Last edited by SavageBrat; 2011-03-11 at 01:53.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
it wont be great, if u place the apps under usr! It will make rootfs memory reduce. Try to place it under opt. Could it be easy.

The Following User Says Thank You to cloud596 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 543 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kiev, Ukraine
What's that /apps/preenv/earthwormjim directory in the script?
It's not a filesystem path - it's a path of gconf-editor tree. (someting like registry in windows). Don't be confused with it.

Not that it's a serious matter, but even though I have the CSSU enabler installd and working, I can't find any icon of the games installed in the add shortcut list...
I would like to understand why some people has this trouble.
First, check hildon-desktop version (dpkg -l | grep hildon-desktop) - mine is 2.2.142.
Second, check if file /home/user/.config/menus/hildon.menu exists. It should be similar to /etc/xdg/menus/hildon.menu file. Mine contains such strings:
Code:
  <AppDir>/usr/share/applications/hildon</AppDir>
  <AppDir>/home/user/.local/share/applications/hildon</AppDir>
  <DirectoryDir>/usr/share/applications/hildon</DirectoryDir>
  <DirectoryDir>/home/user/.local/share/applications/hildon</DirectoryDir>
I suppose you don't have such file or it does not contain such lines, and I wonder why..

cloud596 and Deadwing,
Can you move this directory out from share? It's filling rootfs..
Oh, thanks a lot - I forgot to enable 'optify' option. Actually it was enabled, but I've recreated /debian dir before uploading. Will optify in the next update.

SavageBrat, looks like wrong .ipk files. Are you sure it's not renamed .debs or something? Are you ok with terminal? I can PM a few commands which possibly may help diagnose your problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to divan For This Useful Post:
upss, sorry for anyone want to move to opt follow my order.
Install filebox and enable root acces.
Open xterm
cd /usr/share
mv -r wgames /opt
go to filebox and go to /usr/share
on this create new symlink using filebox ( dunno why use ln -s make broken symlink but suppose to be not, may be im just wrong, just to ensure u make a proper symlink)
choose destination under /opt/wgames.
Happy gaming.

Last edited by cloud596; 2011-03-09 at 16:41.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by SavageBrat View Post
Must not be my day..tried 5 different ipk. file and got this on everyone..
Failed!
Cannot parse JSON: gzip: short read /usr/bin/gnu/tar: Child returned status 1 /usr/bin/gnu/tar: *appinfo.json: Not found in archive /usr/bin/gnu/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors .. any ideas,,ty
do u have spaces in the name of your directory?
eg: Palm Pre Games

if yes then u need to remove the spaces and rename it as PalmPreGames.

I had the same error as you, I removed the spaces and it worked!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to normaltusker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
I have changed all the paths that were set by default to something in my MyDocs folder. This includes even the Data and the Bin folders. The games got installed and the icons were created too. however, I cannot run the games and they never launch. Can anyone help me with trouble shooting it?

Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I have changed all the paths that were set by default to something in my MyDocs folder. This includes even the Data and the Bin folders. The games got installed and the icons were created too. however, I cannot run the games and they never launch. Can anyone help me with trouble shooting it?
give permission to execute mydocs use maemodder easily.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 543 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kiev, Ukraine
The main reason why games has separated Bin and Data folders is that MyDocs is vfat and has no exec attribute. So, change Bin to any other partition (I guess it worth to add check for that). Or follow cloud596 solution.

cloud596, can you give a link or explain how to enable execution for MyDocs? I've seen it somewhere, but cannot find now.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Just out of interest sake, I was on a torrent site last night and saw a torrent that listed all the games that are mentioned in the WebOS application, but they were not IPK files, they were DEB files. Would they work?
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ India
Woohoo, thank you

Tags
easy to manage, games, lame idea, preenv, runs crappy