Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
shin...any place i can donate?? cheers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dread123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
/usr/lib/flipcalendar/themes/default/

The image needs to be case sensitive so you might have to change the above image from calendar.PGN to calendar.pgn

I think you also have to change the permissions for the graphic as well (write and exec).

I can't really help you with that to be honest since I'm no good with the command line.

I just use EmelFM2 while being root, click on the menu button, change permissions, then finally check mark all of the boxes.

Good luck on my bad advice.
COOL. TX to you for this tip

French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

The Following User Says Thank You to LABAUDIO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
shin have started work on this, and making good progress now

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...056#post584056

Thanks for your inspiration
good work mikec.. Looks good and I think you will have freedom in rendering the svgs and the size control etc with Qt.. Qt on diablo would be too heavy, IMO and as such the applet with simple Python and cairo seems to work.. Only issue is the Python-rsvg bindings which I am hoping the INdT folks I talked to would help me get in to the repositories soon. With that the one click SVGClock install should work for the diablo..

The Following User Says Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dread123 View Post
shin...any place i can donate?? cheers
thank you dread123.. I just worked on this for the fun of it and released it here so that the community can also enjoy..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Hey Shin
I'm not sure of the state of PyQt on the N800, but would you consider backporting my Qt version to the N800. I should have a first pass tonight that ticks. I could do with some help on converting to a widget.
PyQt 4.7 is available in Extras-devel for Diablo, so if the underlying Qt4.5.2 is good enough for you, PyQt won't introduce additional obstacles The biggest problem is size, though, as there is no optification on Diablo, so you might be a little short on space if you're running on a non-cloned setup.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LABAUDIO View Post
COOL. TX to you for this tip

Your Borg theme for the SVGclock and the flip calendar background goes well with your overall theme..

I think we soon can start a thread to share the clock faces created for the SVGclock...

On the Ringclock, I have progressed to have the colors of the ring changeable through GTK Color Panel.. There is a little performance issue which I am working on.. Once fixed, I should be able to release a version.. The issue is, I get to work on this only in the weekends due to work and traveling.. I am targeting for a release date for the RingClock by next week..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Looking forward to at least seeing how your birth control clock functions and also how it's supposed to be read on the screen.

Come to think of it, a take your psychotropic pills right now reminder could be a nice feature for this app.

I would hate for LABAUDIO to forget taking his meds throughout the day.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Looking forward to at least seeing how your birth control clock functions and also how it's supposed to be read on the screen.

Come to think of it, a take your psychotropic pills right now reminder could be a nice feature for this app.

I would hate for LABAUDIO to forget taking his meds throughout the day.
Lolllllllllllllllllll Addison lol i piss off in my pants man lol...but i agree...iam a crazy BORG ONE LOL
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

I am happy to announce the release of SVGClock with all its dependencies to the Extras repository.. You can do a one click install by going over to the downloads catalog section here

I would like to acknowledge the help from Michael Thompson ( happens to be the maintainer for the excellent Conduit application). Michael helped in releasing the gnome-python-desktop package to the repositories. Incidentally this package contains the python bindings for SVG rendering. This dependency was a major hurdle to have a simple one click install for the SVGClock and surprisingly we did not have the python bindings necessary for the SVG rendering till date in the repos ( atleast I could not find them)..

Lauro of INdT and his team is also working to have the python-rsvg package included to the repositories.. That should open up the possibilities for more Python based eye candies for the maemo devices

Last edited by shin; 2010-03-31 at 12:41.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
So the way you currently have SVG Clock compiled without using QT graphics stuff, these newer clocks from KuduK will never be possible?

It's just a simple question without any hiddden, angry judgment against ya.

Thanks again for seeing this project through by the way.

Most idgits here would have given up a long time ago.