Active Topics

Notices

Has anyone produced an "idiots" guide for configuring multiple google calendars using the syncevolution GUI?

I configured syncevolution and can upload my contacts to google mail (so that's progress) but the calendar seems to be unaffected.
My personal calendar will synch using MFE but I can't see my wifes appointments (VIP calendar) and those are "apparently" very important

Thanks for any help.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany / Mainz
@joschum

try these settings in the config for the calendar:

type = calendar:text/calendar!
uri = event
sync = two-way

they work for me!

Last edited by mason; 2010-02-16 at 15:38.

apparently Syncevolution uses Syncml 1.2 protocol. My email/calendar server ( desknow.com ) only supports Syncml 1.1, so i am wondering if there is a way to tell Syncevolution 0.3 to use Syncml 1.1 ?

Any help is very appreciated !

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Originally Posted by mason View Post
@joschum

try these settings in the config for the calendar:

type = calendar:text/calendar!
uri = event
sync = two-way

they work for me!
Thanks mason, these settings work for me, just one problem left:

Synchronization works one-way, that is from the N900 to evolution running on my laptop. The strange thing is, that it doesn`t work the other way. I tried the following:

- Added an event in evolution on my laptop
- Ran "syncevolution funambol" on my laptop
- Ran "syncevolution funambol" on the N900
The new event does not appear on the N900

Just a small step, and it should work in both directions. Any ideas appreciated!

Hmm sorry i must pass, I use Subird on Win with the Funambol plugin this working fine for me. Maybe you have to check in which calendar instance evolution is syncing, they maybe saved in different calendars on the server. Does it work from the n900 to evolution? Are the entrys differ there in any way? (categories)

Originally Posted by mason View Post
Hmm sorry i must pass, I use Subird on Win with the Funambol plugin this working fine for me. Maybe you have to check in which calendar instance evolution is syncing, they maybe saved in different calendars on the server. Does it work from the n900 to evolution? Are the entrys differ there in any way? (categories)
I made a simple mistake: I chose the wrong calender when entering a new event on the N900. Now, it works both ways. Thanks for your help!

Did anybody succeed in setting up encryption with syncevolution? The manual reads:

"SSL encryption of the HTTP connection is supported if the underlying platform supports it. To enable it, use a syncURL with https, instead of http prefix. Not all servers support this, though. In the default configuration, servers must present a trusted certificate where the host name of the certificate matches the host name of the URL. Configuration settings can be used to relax this checking, but this makes the connection less secure and is not recommended."

How do I create a certificate of my funambol-server? I`ve just searched for a HOWTO but didn`t find one.

@joschum, so why not press the thank button

As to your SSL question, this depends on your server configuration, here is a start: http://www.openssl.org/docs/HOWTO/certificates.txt

but these are self-signed certs to get a fully signed cert you should check out https://www.startssl.com/ they are giving out signed ones free of charge.

i just googled "funambol ssl" again and this was the first hit: https://wiki.ow2.org/sync4j/Wiki.jsp?page=HowtouseHttps

did you try and do a search?

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by Palleman View Post
Suddenly I get this everytime I try to sync with Google using Syncevolution:

Code:
[...]
[INFO] addressbook: sent 353/356 
[INFO] addressbook: sent 354/356 
[INFO] addressbook: sent 355/356 
[INFO] addressbook: sent 356/356 
[INFO] addressbook: sent 357/356 
[ERROR] unexpected reply from server; might be a temporary problem, try again later 
[INFO] SyncContext: resend previous request #1 
[ERROR] unexpected reply from server; might be a temporary problem, try again later 
[INFO] SyncContext: resend previous request #2 
[INFO] SyncContext: resend previous request #3 
[INFO] SyncContext: resend previous request #4 
[INFO] SyncContext: resend previous request #5 
[INFO] Transport giving up after 5 retries and 5:06min 
[ERROR] transport failed, retry period exceeded 
[INFO] addressbook: normal sync done unsuccessfully 

Synchronization failed, see ~/.config/syncevolution/google/log/SyncEvolution-google-2010-02-14-21-18/sysynclib_linux.html for details. 

Changes applied during synchronization: 
+---------------|-------ON CLIENT-------|-------ON SERVER-------|-CON-+ 
| | rejected / total | rejected / total | FLI | 
| Source | NEW | MOD | DEL | NEW | MOD | DEL | CTS | 
+---------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-----+ 
| addressbook | 0/0 | 0/0 | 0/0 | 0/0 | 0/0 | 0/0 | 0 | 
| two-way, 0 KB sent by client, 0 KB received | 
| item(s) in database backup: 1970 before sync, 1970 after it | 
| start Sun Feb 14 21:18:59 2010, duration 17:03min | 
| synchronization failed (status code 20043) | 
~ $ sudo gainroot 
Root shell enabled 

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso26+0m5) built-in shell (ash) 
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands. 

/home/user # more ~/.config/syncevolution/google/log/SyncEvolution-google-2010-02-14-21-18/sysynclib_linux.html 
more: /home/user/.config/syncevolution/google/log/SyncEvolution-google-2010-02-14-21-18/sysynclib_linux.html: No such file or directory 
/home/user # cd ~/.config/syncevolution/google/
/home/user/.config/syncevolution/google # ls -la 
drwx------ 5 user users 4096 Feb 14 21:21 . 
drwx------ 3 user users 4096 Feb 5 18:48 .. 
-rw-r--r-- 1 user users 162 Feb 14 21:21 .internal.ini 
drwx------ 2 user users 4096 Feb 5 18:57 .synthesis 
-rw-r--r-- 1 user users 5336 Feb 10 02:47 config.ini 
drwx------ 6 user users 4096 Feb 5 18:48 sources 
drwx------ 3 user users 4096 Feb 10 02:47 ~ 
/home/user/.config/syncevolution/google #
Anybody got any idea on how to fix the problem?

Or does anybody know where the logfile ended up, or how to enable the logging if it is somehow disabled, and what that ~ directory is doing there, and how I can cd into the ~ directory without ending up in $HOME?
Did anybody have any idea about the above? I still get the same error (although the number of contacts sent is increased). Above it tries to send 357 out of 356 (now it's 463 out of 460)?? How's that possible? And where's the logfile gone?

/P

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
I found the logfile. I had configured the log directory to be "~/.config/syncevolution/google/log". Apparently Syncevolution took that literally, creating a ~ directory in whatever directory I started the sync from. Changing it to an absolute path solved that problem.

Trying to sync a bunch of times solved the other problem. It still gave me the errors, but finally made a successful sync.

Also, running Syncevolution with my settings creates backups before and after each sync, containing one vcard file for each contact. Doing that with a large contact list will eat up your space after a bunch of syncs, even if df and such says there's space left. I guess it has something to do with inodes and number of files etc. To get back in business, delete the backups when not needed any more, or tar'em up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Palleman For This Useful Post:

Tags
calendar sync, maemo 5