Active Topics

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
why cant we just get what we where promised by nokia about the full flash feature cause i am really angry about it!!!!!!!!!!where to begin to accomplish this?????????

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Birmingham
PR1.2 has no flash 10 support :-(
I was kidding myself to think that it would but there was always the thought "but what if it does"

Anyway...

whos responsibility is it to create flash for n900? Adobe or Nokia?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
why cant we just get what we where promised by nokia about the full flash feature cause i am really angry about it!!!!!!!!!!where to begin to accomplish this?????????
Begin by finding a public statement/marketing material that Nokia has made to this effect. Otherwise, we have nothing but our own assumptions to blame.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Flash 10.1 on froyo looks pretty buggy and slow ...

http://pocketnow.com/software-1/vide...and-comparison

This actually supports Jobs' attack that Flash was too slow for mobile. Especially in 2007 (pre-cortex A8) when it mattered more to them (iPhone 1.0).
Actually I've found flash (fps maybe)on the Nexus One to be much faster than the N900. The flash seems faster, but the web pages slow down quite a bit. I think the amount of slow down is almost identical/

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Konceptz View Post
Actually I've found flash (fps maybe)on the Nexus One to be much faster than the N900. The flash seems faster, but the web pages slow down quite a bit. I think the amount of slow down is almost identical/
Yeah, and the 'round 2' review on Pocketnow compares froyo against HD2 and 3GS without flash turned on... it's BLAZING fast...

Kinda makes you wonder about dalvik.. how a JIT engine can be faster than native codes.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by Konceptz View Post
I have both the Nexus One and the N900.

Nexus is running Android 2.2 and Flash 10.1 beta.

N900 is running RC 1.2 clocked at 1Ghz.

I've noticed that many flash games are harder to play on the Nexus without the software mouse. The speed of flash, however, is much faster on the N1, which renders many of those same games unplayable on the N900.

I'm just reporting my usage for some games, not in depth and certainly not an apples to apples review.
I have Flash Lite 4 on the Incredible- games and video are much faster on the Incredible, even with the N900 overclocked to 800mhz.

You hit correctly on the irony. The N900 perfoms weaker, but can play a lot more games due to keyboard and stylus. Ironic the N900 is now outdated for Flash function for this very reason.

That said, new sections of sites are starting to launch due to Google working with Adobe for touch only game sites. m.kongregate.com has hundreds of games already.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Yeah, and the 'round 2' review on Pocketnow compares froyo against HD2 and 3GS without flash turned on... it's BLAZING fast...

Kinda makes you wonder about dalvik.. how a JIT engine can be faster than native codes.
Ironic that dalvik has become very efficient now. Given the security it provides and the speed it has now, it is the "perfect" OS for non-techs who want to install a bunch of stuff and not have to worry (much) about screwing the device up.

Still, I want Flash 10.1 on the N900. Not a true mini netbook without it.

devu,

Current Flash 10.1 release on Android 2.2 is beta and does not have GPU acceleration active yet. Adobe is still working on the function for the 3430, 3630, 8250 and 8650. Those are the current chipsets supported. Adobe expects final release later this year.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-05-26 at 12:47. Reason: added devu comment