Notices

I don't understand why the installation of fcamera causes vignetting in OTHER camera apps? I get massive vignetting in Qik, Bambuser, the stock video / photo app, etc.

Any ideas? How exactly does the fcamera-drivers affect the camera useage by the stock app(s)?

/Z

The Following User Says Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
FCamera is interesting. Download it yesterday and had some fun with it. It looks pro. But why isn't there any zoom feature? Will you be adding new features to it?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
There is no mechanical zoom on the n900. Try blessn900 for a very good digital zoom (up to x4) using fcam.

hi,

I'm now using Fcamera and developing some UI on top of it. One of the problems is, the shutter lag is too long. Is there any plan to improve this? If we take a look at the default cam, it's not that slow.

The Following User Says Thank You to spueredich For This Useful Post:
Yes, shutter lag and the vignetting are two of the most severe issues with fcam. One can cope of course, and in the balance I much prefer life with it than without. Clever stuff.
See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66137 for some pics taken with fcamera. Pretty damn good.... though we would love some education from the OP.

I know, and I used it a lot as well. However, the shutter lag really makes me crazy: it takes more than one second sometimes.

I modify the software a bit to use the keyboard instead, which would be faster than the side key. But still the shutter lag makes me miss some good scenario.

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Yes, shutter lag and the vignetting are two of the most severe issues with fcam. One can cope of course, and in the balance I much prefer life with it than without. Clever stuff.
See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66137 for some pics taken with fcamera. Pretty damn good.... though we would love some education from the OP.

On vignetting and fcam raws see this as well as geohsia's original post on CornerFix.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
fcam takes awsome pictures only gripe is there is no flash support . i just discoverd that using lanterne to turn on flash then switching to fcam still had the flash on and it really gave mouthwatering reasults in the dimly lit room
if somebody picks this up and adds fill in flash (constant led on ) and flash (full power led) and a manual slider for led brightness under safe levels to the ui it would be neat.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post: