Notices

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
any update?

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by fatcobrah View Post
any update?
You want to download my java optimization Java is the only programming language using a garbage collector. That is why it can be optimized by passing a lot of variable to the virtual machine. You want to search TMO for N900 performance optimization tune-up utllities.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Java is the only programming language using a garbage collector.
.NET does too?

Originally Posted by azkay View Post
.NET does too?
Yes, .net does too!

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
You want to have a big fart-up seen. You want to drink some coffee through your nostrils. You want to get the hell out of here.
Of course!

You want to download my java optimization Java is the only programming language using a garbage collector. That is why it can be optimized by passing a lot of variable to the virtual machine. You want to search TMO for N900 performance optimization tune-up utllities.
How does the fact that java uses garbage collector have anything to do with optimizing performance. In fact in many cases GC results in worse code and optimization as most of the new coders being churned out have no concept of memory management at all. They simply spawn var after var and leave it to the GC to handle cleanup. Try coding ANSI C where you have to malloc and umalloc each var and you will understand performance optimization.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
How does the fact that java uses garbage collector have anything to do with optimizing performance. In fact in many cases GC results in worse code and optimization as most of the new coders being churned out have no concept of memory management at all. They simply spawn var after var and leave it to the GC to handle cleanup. Try coding ANSI C where you have to malloc and umalloc each var and you will understand performance optimization.
Are you serious?

Are you serious?
Hell yes I am serious. Garbage collection is both one of the best and worst things to come into code. On one hand it lets you quickly write code without having to bother with memory management for objects. On the other hand it means that there are whole generation of coders out there who have no concept of memory management at all.
Which is peachy keen as long as your stack is able to just grow and grow. Throw more hardware at it is the solution instead of write better code.

In addition to that there is no real way to force GC in java - and don't feed me that System.gc() bollocks because all that is a suggestion that the system invoke GC it doesn't take into account that the programmer did something stupid like holding open an array that they instantiate every time they enter a loop etc.

I write code for a living matey and have done for the last 15 years, before you spout off rubbish like your previous post you should at least have a concept of what you are talking about. Heck you didn't even get the fact that java is the only language using garbage collection right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage...mputer_science)

Ask yourself this is there a reason that OS's are still written in C?
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Last edited by Bratag; 2011-04-04 at 01:29.

How to do that to save on the memory card

if your an idiot like me and run it as root, the author is 100% right, if in the event you do full up the rootfs space its because your downloads are being stored in /root/.jd/downloads/