Notices

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by disaznrush View Post
Hi I having a problem with No roms found! in the blue box. i have roms in the folder, but it still say no roms found. Do i have to unzip or leave it as zip file? Does the content have to be .bin or .rom?
You have to unzip them and make sure the have a .bin extension. Also the roms have to be named right. For example double drgaon rom has to be named 082-(letter)(number).bin for the emulator to regognize it.

Ok so I have them already unzip to /home/user/MYDocs/roms with .bin extension. But I don't have gngeo install, is there a way to install? I tried to install gngeo_0.7.0-1_armel.deb from file manager, but once it goes app. manager it say unable to install gngeo.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Hi I having a problem with No roms found! in the blue box. i have roms in the folder, but it still say no roms found. Do i have to unzip or leave it as zip file? Does the content have to be .bin or .rom?
No, do NOT unzip them! Gngeo will unzip it on the fly in a temporary location.

Ok so I have them already unzip to /home/user/MYDocs/roms with .bin extension. But I don't have gngeo install, is there a way to install? I tried to install gngeo_0.7.0-1_armel.deb from file manager, but once it goes app. manager it say unable to install gngeo.
Could you give me an error message?
The best way is to get the error message should be by starting the x-terminal and then:
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd <location of the deb package>
dpkg -i gngeo_0.7.0-1_armel.deb

Originally Posted by ade View Post
Could you give me an error message?
The best way is to get the error message should be by starting the x-terminal and then:
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd <location of the deb package>
dpkg -i gngeo_0.7.0-1_armel.deb
dpkg: error processing gngeo_0.7.0-1arme1.deb (--install) : cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing: gngeo_0.7.0-1_arme1.deb

dpkg: error processing gngeo_0.7.0-1arme1.deb (--install) : cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing: gngeo_0.7.0-1_arme1.deb
It is right about "no such file": it is gngeo_0.7.0-1_armel.deb (lowercase L), not gngeo_0.7.0-1_arme1.deb (number one)

D'oh I have the wrong gngeo .deb. Okay so it should look something like this right?

Code:
/home/user # dpkg -i gngeo_0.7.0-1_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 23953 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking gngeo (from gngeo_0.7.0-1_armel.deb) ...
Setting up gngeo (0.7.0-1) ...
If so thank a lots

Edit: Ok so after I done all that it still say no roms found! I have the rom gngeo-gui path configuration to /home/user/MYDocs/emu-romsneogeo since after I install gngeo it has change the directory of bios and roms only. I already extracted mslugx to the directory it should be in.

Last edited by disaznrush; 2011-05-24 at 02:48.

D'oh I have the wrong gngeo .deb. Okay so it should look something like this right?

Code:
/home/user # dpkg -i gngeo_0.7.0-1_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 23953 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking gngeo (from gngeo_0.7.0-1_armel.deb) ...
Setting up gngeo (0.7.0-1) ...
If so thank a lots

Edit: Ok so after I done all that it still say no roms found! I have the rom gngeo-gui path configuration to /home/user/MYDocs/emu-romsneogeo since after I install gngeo it has change the directory of bios and roms only. I already extracted mslugx to the directory it should be in.
This output indicates a good installation.
Like I said, please do not unzip de gamerom content, just put the zip file in your neogeo rom directory. Could you test it that way?
And does gngeo-gui give you any other error messages (like no bios found...)? You could also test another zipped gamerom.

Great it work, thank you for helping me out. Is there a way to map the control figuration to use on ps3 sixaxis controller. When I go to config and hit save it said cannot write /home/user/.gngeo/gngeorc.

Great it work, thank you for helping me out. Is there a way to map the control figuration to use on ps3 sixaxis controller. When I go to config and hit save it said cannot write /home/user/.gngeo/gngeorc.
if it says it cannot save, maybe the rights are not good. Could you try
in an x-terminal:
Code:
sudo gainroot
chown user:users /home/user/.gngeo/gngeorc
I have no experience with controllers. Joystick config is not possible in gngeo-gui, but perhaps I could add something like that if someone could test it...