Poll: You want buy?
Poll Options
You want buy?

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Umm, seems like something is not working. I made the i2c tinkering stuff succesfully and installed the rpm and the daemon is running.

But, the dips seem unresponsive. tail -f /home/nemo/diplog just gives me:

/home/nemo/diptoh/dip4on.sh
/home/nemo/diptoh/dip5off.sh

No matter what switches I dip. And journalctl -f | grep diptoh doesn't give me any print. I tried reattaching the oh but without any success.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
journalctl as root.

Something has happened atleast, maybe.
Today i did use diptoh whole day without issues.

The gpio-expander is tricky, as it looses its config if it looses power.

I had to add some paper (2 layers of 80g) under the pcb (between 3dprint and pcb) for reliable contact. (<< dirkvl FYI)

If fails, just lift the toh few mm from the bottom left corner, to make the microswitch toggle.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
will adjust design

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
journalctl as root.

Something has happened atleast, maybe.
Today i did use diptoh whole day without issues.

The gpio-expander is tricky, as it looses its config if it looses power.

I had to add some paper (2 layers of 80g) under the pcb (between 3dprint and pcb) for reliable contact. (<< dirkvl FYI)

If fails, just lift the toh few mm from the bottom left corner, to make the microswitch toggle.
Yep, something happens, but looks like it is not fully working. I did journalctl as root. But today I packed my Jolla and sent it to maintenance (accidental rebooting issues again), so I will try again when I get my phone back.

I've received mine a few days ago but it was quite a busy week so I didn't have enough time to play with it. First impressions: toh is great, the whole finish seems really professional (thanks so much dirk) and kimmoli's work on the software side is just genious (just in the thought that with the press of a dip switch I can run my custom bash scripts...)

I had a few problems with the stability of it and it seems that somehow occasionally the pins lose contact with the board (or something else is happening) and so I have to take off toh and put it back again. After removing the board from toh and putting some stickers between (following the advice of paper suggested above by kimmoli) the issue seems to be appearing less frequently. I have noticed though that sometimes after turning on the first dip it works but any other change won't until I refit toh.

From the example scripts provided by kimmoli those for display do not work simply because there is no mcetool in my jolla (fixed by installing it with pkcon: "pkcon install mce-tools") instead I added a simple script for enabling/unmasking disabling/masking aliendalvik which is extremely handy:

For Masking/disabling:
Code:
systemctl stop aliendalvik.service
systemctl mask aliendalvik.service
and for unmasking/enabling:
Code:
systemctl unmask aliendalvik.service
systemctl start aliendalvik.service
of course if you don't want to completely prevent aliendalvik from starting you can remove the mask/unmask commands.

Now I wish I knew of a way for enabling/disabling the led flashlight from the command line....

Question: Do we need to keep i2ctool installed after we finish the initial process of setting up the diptoh?

Last edited by MemphisX; 2014-09-20 at 02:47.

Originally Posted by MemphisX View Post
Now I wish I knew of a way for enabling/disabling the led flashlight from the command line....
Updated original list with flashlight sample: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...80#post1439380

Also included aliendalvik sample (w/o masking) there. thanks.

Originally Posted by MemphisX View Post
Question: Do we need to keep i2ctool installed after we finish the initial process of setting up the diptoh?
No, it is not needed after programming eeprom.

Last edited by kimmoli; 2014-09-20 at 07:51.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ France
excellent, thanks for the examples Kimmo.
I will look and try to make a script to enable/disable wifi - will post it here if successfull.

Originally Posted by cartron View Post
excellent, thanks for the examples Kimmo.
I will look and try to make a script to enable/disable wifi - will post it here if successfull.
that was easy, looking at /etc/connmain/main.conf gave a hint:
PreferredTechnologies = bluetooth,wifi,cellular

code for on:
Code:
 dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=net.connman /net/connman/technology/wifi net.connman.Technology.SetProperty string:"Powered" variant:boolean:true
code for off:
Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=net.connman /net/connman/technology/wifi net.connman.Technology.SetProperty string:"Powered" variant:boolean:false

The Following User Says Thank You to cartron For This Useful Post:
Now what I'm looking for is a way to have a switch which says:

"On => switch radio to 4G"
"Off => switch radio to 2G"

That way I can have 2G when not using the screen, and when using the screen, I manually switch to 3G or 4G.

Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.ofono /ril_0 org.ofono.RadioSettings.SetProperty string:"TechnologyPreference" variant:string:"umts"
"any" for 4G
"umts" for 3G
"gsm" for 2G