Near Ingland

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Originally Posted by nuknuk View Post
Wheres jermany
Wasn't he on Top Gear last night? Haven't seen him since then.

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

I think nuknuk is drunkdrunk...

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Something is not adding up here. If Nokia really was shipping out the door on Tuesday, someone would have the product. My guess is Nokia was being very liberal with the term "shipping" and the product was green lighted to ship, rather than actually shipping.

If product was expedited, someone would have had the product or received shipping notification over the weekend. Even with standard air bulk delivery (where the product is queued with others to fill planes) someone would at least have shipping confirmation.

Customs is not usually an issue for the slowdown either, since all major sell-in channels have import reps that handle there products, so product does not sit and collect dust.

Assuming Nokia failed to expedite product and shipped air-bulk and product really shipped on Tuesday:

Tuesday product is dispatched to shipper and processed

Wednesday product is queued for air-bulk delivery and ships

Thursday product arrives at destination, customs review and dispatched to inbound channels

Friday product is received at sell-in channels and processed (Nokia and official resellers probably have priority)

Saturday product is arranged for direct channel distribution- depending on scanning and order status system, some sell-through customers should see an update status.

Sunday is a wildcard, since depends on shipping method and channel work schedule

Monday- Someone should either have word or received their N900. Maybe not many people, but SOMEONE should have.

My bet is the product was cleared for shipping and not actually "shipping". Most likely left factories on Wednsday (at best).

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-11-16 at 13:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Spoke to Nokia Retail (MPD) and they were due in today but didn't arrive.

The Following User Says Thank You to andygt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
I know. Well, here is what I based my purchase on:

These are the dimensions of some of those devices:

N900:
4.37 x 2.35 x .77 in (110.9 x 59.8 x 18 mm)

Treo 600:
4.41" x 2.36" x 0.87" (112 x 60 x 22.1 mm)

Treo 700:
4.4" x 2.3" x 0.9" (112 x 58 x 22.9 mm)

Treo 750:
4.37" x 2.28" x 0.87" (111 x 58 x 22.1 mm)

Placing the device upside down should allow access to the power button and to the headphone jack without taking it out of the case.
Maybe too late for you, but the Tytn 2 is 112mm x 59mm x 19mm, so I'm hoping the Tytn 2 case I've already got will fit ok... We'll see!

aahhh just woke up to this thread growing so fast....so let me get this straight. Italy was the first to get the N900 and it looks like Germany is next.. Where is UK?

NukNuk did you get yours?

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Assuming Nokia failed to expedite product and shipped air-bulk and product really shipped on Tuesday:
I don't know if it's an official source or not but the impression I got was "shipping" was literal, the things are being moved from Korea by boat.

aahhh just woke up to this thread growing so fast....so let me get this straight. Italy was the first to get the N900 and it looks like Germany is next.. Where is UK?

NukNuk did you get yours?

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND