Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i wonder, could tear give some kind of feedback when a link is tapped, maybe a flash or sound of some sort?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Or a simple crash

Probably doable, but should be done in the engine.

maybe so, maybe so...

it was just that i had one of those sessions where i tap the link, cant tell if i hit, tap again, and suddenly had two pages opening...

Only 96 more posts to go... :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Hi Bundyo,

I have some troubles with your browser on following system:

Running mer linux on a "o2 Joggler" (atom based "picutre frame")

I can scroll trough the site with my fingers, but tear doesn't recognize any clickings on links etc. inside the webpage.
The statusbar works.

Any idea what could cause this?

The touchscreen of this device is recognized as USB HID interface, so nothing special. It is used with the fingers (does not function with a stylus).

thanks!
Christian

I always manage to hit stupid links scattered here and there on a page when scrolling in Tear. Do not have such problem with Microb. Is it doable to analyze a tap when hitting a link? If it just a tap - run a link, but if it is tap-and-move kinda sequence, than ignore a link and continue scrolling?

iirc, tear do ignore tap-and-drag actions on top of links. but if the link is large or the drag is short, it may well read it as a single tap.

it may also be that your getting a double-tap, do you have screen feedback sound on?

Hmm, I definitely do not get a double-tap sound, probably need to learn of proper tap-and-drag technique

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by gforums View Post
Hi Bundyo,

I have some troubles with your browser on following system:

Running mer linux on a "o2 Joggler" (atom based "picutre frame")

I can scroll trough the site with my fingers, but tear doesn't recognize any clickings on links etc. inside the webpage.
The statusbar works.

Any idea what could cause this?

The touchscreen of this device is recognized as USB HID interface, so nothing special. It is used with the fingers (does not function with a stylus).

thanks!
Christian
Unfortunately I don't know why this is happening. Probably due to the specifics of the touchscreen - maybe the touch area is too big?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Unfortunately I don't know why this is happening. Probably due to the specifics of the touchscreen - maybe the touch area is too big?
Bundyo, come clean.

You know it's that form of DRM put in by you that only allows it to be used on tablets.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit