Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by McPollo View Post
Hi, I've modified the qml's to change/fix some issues whith 0.2.5 UI
I'm trying to fix this issues and to turn off header in landscape, so, try it at your own risk :P
Wow, thats what I was talking about! Great work so far, I'm waiting for your fixes till I try it. Hopefully tgalal will have a look on your work.

Thanks!

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by McPollo View Post
Hi, I've modified the qml's to change/fix some issues whith 0.2.5 UI
Awesome, works great on the N950.

Thanks!

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
I also customized and fixed some issues in 0.2.5 but I'm not sure if I should share since we are forking in so many directions already. I always keep to the official one.
I've fixed the landscape send new message issue, reverted the arrow in Conversation, reverted back to unified Softbank emoji, added a button to open an emoji dialog plus some small fixes...
Do you want it or should I keep it for myself?

P.S. The last bug with emoji is not critical but aesthetic, unicode shows in input area instead of an emoticon. Sending and receiving works flawless.
Replacing it in input area is not really straight forward because what you see is not what you get, if you know what I mean. Unless, you want to send and receive HTML tags.
Oh, whatever...
Here is the link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1874750/UIknobtviker0.2.5.1.zip

This is not an official update and emojis are not yet official 100% done.
If you can help and solve the bug, be my guest. Best whack I had at it was when using a dummy TextArea that stored the real raw message and input one was just a preview for user.
However, once unicode is inserted, it messed up the message length that I was using in onTextChanged signal and adding only the last char to raw message.
Also emoji selector could be multithreaded so it gets smoother and faster. I'm still thinking about it. Maybe later today...
I wanted to emojify notifications too, but that part is in compiled Python part of the app, so only TGalal can do that, sorry...
Anyways, once I deal with the last emoji bug, there is nothing much I can do until the rest of functionality is implemented like Image sharing or Location share...
Have fun...

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Tried to email but it failed to send..

Here is the email.

Hi,

Two bugs to report.

1. Keyboard automatically closes on pressing enter (Send), not sure if this is
deliberate but it can be annoying when in a very active convo. (solved with McPollo's modified UI)

2. The theme isn't saved anymore. If i choose the Inverted (dark) theme,
then quit wazapp, when I reopen it, it opens in the white (light) theme.

Thanks

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-05-24 at 11:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Tried to email but it failed to send..

Here is the email.

Hi,

Two bugs to report.

1. Keyboard automatically closes on pressing enter, not sure if this is
deliberate but it can be annoying when in a very active convo. (solved with McPollo's modified UI)

2. The theme isn't saved anymore. If i choose the Inverted (dark) theme,
then quit wazapp, when I reopen it, it opens in the white (light) theme.

Thanks
1. not for me

2. this only happen if i use the quit button from the app, if i close from app panel pressing the red X, the dark theme remains.

btw, awesome app!

The Following User Says Thank You to armandfp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
status changing is still not available this is still a beta...
..............ok. Thanks...........................

Originally Posted by armandfp View Post
1. not for me

2. this only happen if i use the quit button from the app, if i close from app panel pressing the red X, the dark theme remains.

btw, awesome app!
1. It does that for EVERYONE unless you have used a modded UI. Its how the app functions with this release.

2. If you read what I posted, you will see that I am talking about when I 'Quit' the app.. The theme should be saved if I quit the app, it is a bug.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-05-24 at 11:04.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
1. It does that for EVERYONE unless you have used a modded UI. Its how the app functions with this release.

2. If you read what I posted, you will see that I am talking about when I 'Quit' the app.. The theme should be saved if I quit the app, it is a bug.
yes, sorry about that , i can confirm i have the same problems that you have.

Originally Posted by armandfp View Post
yes, sorry about that , i can confirm i have the same problems that you have.
:P Its alright

Hopefully it gets fixed in the next version

My Contributions

The disappearing keyboard after pressing send isn't a bug, it's a feature but many users don't like it. Personally I think it is fine. You just have to tap the screen again to get back the keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp