Active Topics

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
There was a solution in this thread I believe. IIRC, you had to change your connection to Wifi and then, and only then, open up to download the maps.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I only use WiFi on my Nokia N9. So I connect on my local network. I open “Maps” -> “...” -> “Manage maps” -> “Nothing happen, it's just stall there or it shows a message to close Maps”.

I have the last PR 1.1. I try a hard reset but no success to Manage maps.

Can someone can tell me what to do?

Thanks.

Does anyone know of a way or app that allows you to choose EDGE or 3G connections from the main dropdown screen where your profiles, volume, availability, and Internet connection are displayed? It's fairly awkward to always have to navigate several clicks into Settings to change this. I miss my N900 app which would just let me choose from the screen that pops up when you hit the lock button.

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Does anyone know of a way or app that allows you to choose EDGE or 3G connections from the main dropdown screen where your profiles, volume, availability, and Internet connection are displayed? It's fairly awkward to always have to navigate several clicks into Settings to change this. I miss my N900 app which would just let me choose from the screen that pops up when you hit the lock button.
In the dropdown screen, can't you just click on the current connection and then from there select whatever connection you want to change to ?

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Speaking of connections, the wifi is so weak I literally have to walk 3 ft from the wireless router to have my n9 pick it up.its there any way to increase the strength of picking it up like the n900?

Originally Posted by Paapaa View Post
Q: What are the 2 leftmost icons (the "macro flower" and "pictures") when you open the Gallery application? They both display the exact same images?
Does anyone know about the above icons?

They don't display the same pictures for me. The "mountain" shows only the pictures from the camera. The "flower" shows all pictures.

i am curious myself.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
The flower icon is all pictures on the device, the picture icon is only pictures you have taken yourself on the camera.

Ok, thanks. I only have pictures taken with the N9 camera so I see the same images with both icons. But neither shows the wallpapers? Or do you guys also see wallpaper images with the "flower"?

Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
In the dropdown screen, can't you just click on the current connection and then from there select whatever connection you want to change to ?
For general connections yes, but nothing as far as I can see for changing between EDGE and 3G. I have 1 option for my T-Mobile connection and the rest are all wifi options.

Would be nice if I could select 2G, 3G, or dual just like the sound profiles.