Notices

Hi i have a problem on my N900 everythink works fine like cuteTube etc, but i cant download any wideo, i added to search saple wideo and i have an error wen i want to download it maby i must set the network proxy or something any ideas ( sorry my english) in 0.7 and lower it was warking but now it is not. i use CSSU latest version.

Last edited by fable86; 2011-06-01 at 21:33.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Version 0.9.0 should be in extras-devel soon. Changelog:

* Added internal media player that enables playback of playlists and multiple videos.
Oooh Yeesss, thats the killer feature I was waiting for
Definitely takes this already awesome app to a new level, close to perfection , and works like a charm... Thanks so much marxian!

Not sure if possible, but can you add
- video preview size playback
(tapping video preview pic in detail view starts playback in preview size while an additional button below preview pic would start or change to full screen mode)
- possibility to search for other videos, read comments etc. while playing a video (while an additional button in top or bottom bar would link back to video currently playing, be it in full screen or preview mode)

Oh and a small bug, when searching takes a while (slow connection?) "no videos found" appears, but does not disappear when results finally show up. No biggy, but somehow not appropriate for this wonderful app

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
After purging qmltube and the libqtm-12 installs, as well as removing libqtm-11 (just in case-installed by other progs), rebooting and reinstalling qmltube, I still get the error reported in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1020253&postcount=943
Mplayer & mediaplayer do just fine. Am on CSSU and power kernel47.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
After purging qmltube and the libqtm-12 installs, as well as removing libqtm-11 (just in case-installed by other progs), rebooting and reinstalling qmltube, I still get the error reported in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1020253&postcount=943
Mplayer & mediaplayer do just fine. Am on CSSU and power kernel47.
I only have one device, and I'm using stock PR1.3, so I cannot test against the CSSU or power kernel (or any of those tweak/hack scripts). I have to make a decision about what is the most common use case when testing. I haven't experience that particular error, but without more data points, it's difficult to come to any conclusion about the cause.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Oooh Yeesss, thats the killer feature I was waiting for
Definitely takes this already awesome app to a new level, close to perfection , and works like a charm... Thanks so much marxian!

Not sure if possible, but can you add
- video preview size playback
(tapping video preview pic in detail view starts playback in preview size while an additional button below preview pic would start or change to full screen mode)
- possibility to search for other videos, read comments etc. while playing a video (while an additional button in top or bottom bar would link back to video currently playing, be it in full screen or preview mode)

Oh and a small bug, when searching takes a while (slow connection?) "no videos found" appears, but does not disappear when results finally show up. No biggy, but somehow not appropriate for this wonderful app
Preview playback is possible. I tested it a while ago, but decided to leave it out for now. I'm not sure about reading comments etc, as these would need to be loaded during playback if you are not launching from the video info window, which could interrupt playback on slower connections.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Here's an early preview of the audio playback view that I'm working on. It will be used when playing archive audio files, and if playing a mixture of video and audio files, the player will switch between video and audio mode automatically. I already have it working, but as you can see, it needs a bit of jazzing up.

My website

GitHub

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I only have one device, and I'm using stock PR1.3, so I cannot test against the CSSU or power kernel (or any of those tweak/hack scripts).
I can confirm everything works perfect with latest CSSU AND power kernel v47.
pri
Preview playback is possible. I tested it a while ago, but decided to leave it out for now. I'm not sure about reading comments etc, as these would need to be loaded during playback if you are not launching from the video info window, which could interrupt playback on slower connections.
Fair enough, but why not give the user the option to try if connection is fast enough / decide if he wants to accept an interruption?
Wouldn´t threading help in this case? Thinking of, opening two/more connections, playback always with higher priority?...
(just from a non-dev perspective )
Besides that, I think most users are on UMTS/WLAN and both should have enough bandwidth for a youtube video downstream + loading comments, another youtube search or loading comments...Or am I wrong?

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
I see there's no spanish translation. I would like to help you supporting it, if my help is accepted. I want to contribute in that way to the community as it's one of the few things I can offer. Contact me if I can help you. Thanks for the app. It keeps getting cooler and cooler!

The Following User Says Thank You to jpala16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
its not playing video after the last update, it just stays in the loading page ... :S
it looks like i have to do the expot command and run it from x-term to make it work .... or am i the only one with this bug ?

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
its not playing video after the last update, it just stays in the loading page ... :S
it looks like i have to do the expot command and run it from x-term to make it work .... or am i the only one with this bug ?
me too.. it say "loading..." but nothing is load..

The Following User Says Thank You to Berkt For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube