Does restarting MCE usually work for those having alarmd blanking issues? I've added a couple sample buttons at http://asui.garage.maemo.org/buttons.html#commands and want to make sure that restarting MCE is the fix.

Have any of you made any command buttons that might be useful for others?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
- launch LC_MESSAGES=C LANG=C xmms ; sleep 2 ; xmmsctrl main 0 play_list 1 play
plus exec xmmsctrl next
minus exec xmmsctrl previous
fullscreen exec xmmsctrl pause
Everything works (previous song/next song) when the screen is locked but it doesn't play any songs.
@ Addison, did you get this working?

Originally Posted by Johnnie Price View Post
I have found 1 minor bug. Whenever I reboot my tablet, I have to redo my entire custom layout. It's not a major issue for me, but I just thought you'd like to know.
@ Johnnie Price, does this still happen with latest test binary? If so, could you download and install the debug binary "asui dd ; asui id". Look for any errors after "loading buttons..." or "loading widgets..." in the log file after installing. Then reboot and look for errors in the new log file. Run asui it to restore test binary after generating the log files.

Edit: I have confirmed that something is wiping out the entire ASUI state gconf folder. Might be related to alarms since it just happened twice after alarm tests caused my tablet to reboot.

Last edited by auouymous; 2011-12-19 at 12:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
restarting MCE takes care of the blanking issue after each restart here. Just need to pop into the display settings afterwards to set the dim and blank times afterwards.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
restarting MCE takes care of the blanking issue after each restart here. Just need to pop into the display settings afterwards to set the dim and blank times afterwards.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/etc/init.d/mce restart
sleep 2
restore_value()
{
    gconftool-2 --type $1 --set $2 `gconftool-2 --get $2`
}
restore_value /system/osso/dsm/display/display_dim_timeout
restore_value /apps/osso/applet/osso-applet-display/brightness_period
restore_value /system/osso/dsm/display/display_blank_timeout
restore_value /apps/osso/applet/osso-applet-display/turn_off_display
Can you try copying that to a file, chmod 755 it, call it from a restart mce command button and let me know if it prevents the trip to control panel?

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
^ If you go to the Control Panel, Display, and hit Okay, There is some code that does all of that.

I never did find out what it was.

Anyway, I'll test the latest ASUI with your Xmms script later today and report back.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
@ Johnnie Price, does this still happen with latest test binary? If so, could you download and install the debug binary "asui dd ; asui id". Look for any errors after "loading buttons..." or "loading widgets..." in the log file after installing. Then reboot and look for errors in the new log file. Run asui it to restore test binary after generating the log files.

Edit: I have confirmed that something is wiping out the entire ASUI state gconf folder. Might be related to alarms since it just happened twice after alarm tests caused my tablet to reboot.
I'll test it out tomorrow and let you know what I see.

Can you try copying that to a file, chmod 755 it, call it from a restart mce command button and let me know if it prevents the trip to control panel?
Seems to work here, for the short bit of testing i have done so far.

Edit: spoke too soon. Need to check myself it seems.

edit2: get a bunch of
Code:
Must specify a key or keys to get
Must specify alternating keys/values as arguments

Last edited by tso; 2011-12-19 at 19:04.

Heh, did a quick tweak after i noticed that $1 was never set. a float on each line seems to have done the trick.

edit: or maybe not. Need to poke at this further.

edit2: oops, integer not float...

edit3: that seems to have done the trick.

Last edited by tso; 2011-12-19 at 19:39.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
Heh, did a quick tweak after i noticed that $1 was never set. a float on each line seems to have done the trick.
edit2: oops, integer not float...
Oops, I forgot the type

I'll test it out tomorrow and let you know what I see.
You don't need to test anything, the debug binary won't tell me anything. Can you confirm that it only happens when the tablet reboots from a lockup/crash? Or does a normal reboot initiated by you cause the state to revert? Try running asui k ; asui s from terminal and tell me if the state reverts. If it only occurs after a tablet crash reboot, let me know what happened right before the crash.

You don't need to test anything, the debug binary won't tell me anything. Can you confirm that it only happens when the tablet reboots from a lockup/crash? Or does a normal reboot initiated by you cause the state to revert? Try running asui k ; asui s from terminal and tell me if the state reverts. If it only occurs after a tablet crash reboot, let me know what happened right before the crash.
A normal reboot will cause this behavior, as well as a crash. I just stopped and started ASUI and all of my buttons need to be reset again.

Like I said, not a major drawback for me since it only takes me a few seconds to manually restore my custom layout. And it is only the specific layout of the buttons. All of the custom commands remain intact as does the layout of the individual widgets.

A normal reboot will cause this behavior, as well as a crash. I just stopped and started ASUI and all of my buttons need to be reset again.
Could you run the debug binary and tell me if there are any errors after "loading buttons..." message? My buttons and widgets both reset along with control panel settings that ASUI doesn't even control, but only when the tablet crashes.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox