Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Release of SMSCON Editor 0.9.8-1 in extras-devel

Changelog:
0.9.8:
NEW: Added several info boxes in the UI to assist the user with the settings choices.
CHANGE: Remove of the "Update Settings" buttons on all windows; settings are updated every time the window is closed.
CHANGE: The Daemon is restarted every time the application closes.
CHANGE: The RESENDTIME and CHECKTIME entry fields are replaced with QDoubleSpinBox type.
CHANGE: Information messages in the banners are not displayed by default.

0.9.7:
NEW: Added fields REMOTELISTENIP, REMOTELISTENPORT, REMOTE2LOCALPORT in SSH config.
NEW: Added r/o field SENDERNUMBER in the General config; shows the last number that requested an action.
NEW: Added field COM_LOG in the Commands config; will reply the smscon.log.
NEW: Added field COM_CUSTOMLOG in the Commands config; will reply the COM_CUSTOM output.
NEW: Added several info boxes to assist the user with the different settings choices.
CHANGE: The settings CHECKTIME, RESENDTIME, GPSTIMEOUT and GPSINTERVAL have been changed from float to int.
CHANGE: The CHECKTIME, RESENDTIME, RESENDMAXTRY, GPSTIMEOUT, GPSPOLLING, REMOTEPORT, REMOTELISTENPORT and REMOTE2LOCALPORT entry fields are replaced with a QSpinBox type.
CHANGE: Make more resilient the discovery if the Daemon is running.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by yablacky View Post
Hi all,
to fix the ps-problem the next version will call it this way:

$ busybox ps

This (only) assumes that busybox is (still) installed even when other packages set /bin/ps to what ever.

Can everybody readin this please confirm that above command displays PID in 1st column on his/her device?
Also with BusyBox v1.19.3 (Debian 1.19.3power1) works great.
Excellent solution.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
That's an even better solution!

Running the latest busybox beta from iDont:
Code:
BusyBox v1.19.3 (Debian 1.19.3power3~envparser) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ busybox ps
  PID USER       VSZ STAT COMMAND
    1 root      1740 S    /sbin/init
Does your "busybox ps" only show this single process or did you - hopefully - cut away lines of ps-output in your post?

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by yablacky View Post
Does your "busybox ps" only show this single process or did you - hopefully - cut away lines of ps-output in your post?
Sorry for the confusion, it showed the total process list, not just the init process.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by l_bratch View Post
Doing the following tests in SMSCON results an error being SMSed and emailed to me (and the tests do not actually work):

Email
Email with picture
Initiate SSH

Other tests (Call, SMS, Execute Script) work fine.

The error is always:

Code:
-fatal error-
smscon_daemon crashed.
need more than 3 values to unpack
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edit:
All fixed now after doing something unknown. I had already tried re-setting SMSCON and rebooting the device which had not helped, but things are indeed now!
Thank you for the report. I hopefully found the bug and it will be fixed in next version. It seems to happen if the phone is in transition of GPRS network to WLAN network while executing a smscon-command.

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
with the latest version I get the error as above: sms_daemon crashed. need more than 3 values. I'm on kp49 and power busy box

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
with the latest version I get the error as above: sms_daemon crashed. need more than 3 values. I'm on kp49 and power busy box
For now I assume its the same as in my last post. So this is probably fixed in next version (if things come not tooo bad, this will be this night

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
thank you for yours and Saturns work on this. If this is helpful I've attached the error pop up after trying to initialise
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
thank you for yours and Saturns work on this. If this is helpful I've attached the error pop up after trying to initialise
That's the ps errors discussion we had earlier with ade.

yablacky will fix this too!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the report. This is the "ps-command" mess and will be fixed in next version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post: