Notices

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
D-Iivil , you are my HERO , Thanks alot for all your great themes

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
D-theme Blue took 1MB of my rootfs space. Can you optifying it to take less than this? every MB is precious amount in the rootfs

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
D-theme Blue took 1MB of my rootfs space. Can you optifying it to take less than this? every MB is precious amount in the rootfs
Please do a reboot or run this in terminal:
sudo gainroot
apt-get clean

It should only take about 0,3MB of rootfs. I'm still waiting for the fix for maemo-optify bug. It's something that I cannot fix.

I won't make include custom icons since I think it's better to follow "standard" with those and keep the original look and feel with those.

New close / switch buttons are turning out to be quite nice, I'm testing them as we speak.
And btw, these themes are mostly drawn with N900 (remotely connected to my PC and running photoshop over the internet).

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
New buttons and stuff is now done and packages are uploaded to extras-devel. Screenshots in the opening post are also updated. Feedback please

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Please do a reboot or run this in terminal:
sudo gainroot
apt-get clean

It should only take about 0,3MB of rootfs. I'm still waiting for the fix for maemo-optify bug. It's something that I cannot fix.

I won't make include custom icons since I think it's better to follow "standard" with those and keep the original look and feel with those.

New close / switch buttons are turning out to be quite nice, I'm testing them as we speak.
And btw, these themes are mostly drawn with N900 (remotely connected to my PC and running photoshop over the internet).

I did but still saying 50.4MB even after reboot. used to be 51.4MB lol, so where is my 1MB gone after the installation?

I'm going to try uninstall it and see how much i got after reboot to confirm how much it took in my rootfs

I think the theme is great but you should you don't want to make custom icons? Seriously the icons on the standard N900 really is boring because every themes using it. Something different will make your theme standout more and could you convert the Win7 Background to your background? I think the fish looks nice on the N900.

Removed the Theme blue and reboot and i got 51.8MB free, installed the Theme Blue and reboot I got 50.9MB free so there is certainly 0.9MB consume by the theme files

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-02-23 at 09:33.

I think the theme is great but you should you don't want to make custom icons? Seriously the icons on the standard N900 really is boring because every themes using it. Something different will make your theme standout more and could you convert the Win7 Background to your background? I think the fish looks nice on the N900
Actually I want to keep the icons on app manager standardized (default) 'coz I think it's too confusing if the icons changes every time you change a theme. But this is just a personal opinion of mine

Please report the outcome of uninstalling the theme.
Partly-optified themes -bug is indeed very annoying and it touches also other themes around here such as maemo.org & marina.

And about Win7 backgrounds; I'm not going to use copyrighted graphics such as Windows's preinstalled wallpapers. Feel free to crop them to your needs by yourself

Actually I want to keep the icons on app manager standardized (default) 'coz I think it's too confusing if the icons changes every time you change a theme. But this is just a personal opinion of mine

Please report the outcome of uninstalling the theme.
Partly-optified themes -bug is indeed very annoying and it touches also other themes around here such as maemo.org & marina.

And about Win7 backgrounds; I'm not going to use copyrighted graphics such as Windows's preinstalled wallpapers. Feel free to crop them to your needs by yourself

Removed the Theme blue and reboot and i got 51.8MB free, installed the Theme Blue and reboot I got 50.9MB free so there is certainly 0.9MB consume by the theme files

If I take a look at the non-optified files with that theme I get following amount of files left under /usr/share/themes -folder.
D-THEME Blue: 0,37MB
D-THEME Black: 0,36MB
D-Theme Gold: 0,37MB

I don't know where the rest is coming and as I said before, I have no glue how to fix the optifying bug related probably to maemo-optify -function which is completely written by someone else.
Sorry :-/

If I take a look at the non-optified files with that theme I get following amount of files left under /usr/share/themes -folder.
D-THEME Blue: 0,37MB
D-THEME Black: 0,36MB
D-Theme Gold: 0,37MB

I don't know where the rest is coming and as I said before, I have no glue how to fix the optifying bug related probably to maemo-optify -function which is completely written by someone else.
Sorry :-/

This seem like a nasty bug that eating all of our freedom in rootfs.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:

Tags
awesome themes!, d-theme, fremantle, theme release