Originally Posted by mrp
I tried dejapim. Was not able to get pim to show my test appointments. Does one have to sync with pc to be able to use deja locally?
You need to use english (usa) settings in 770. -> control panel -> language/region

The programme (DEJAPIM) is slow and,buggy, keeps crashing and it doesn't sync the,notes and tasks!

Live via 770:

Someone mentioned DP not showing appts. The test one I did yesterday showed up. But one I tried just now didn't. Tried creating using both icons. Weird. Guess this will go to the Cornfield with GPE.

I sent the DejaDesktop folks an email a few days ago with some comments, and today I got a response from Wayland Bruns, CEO/CTO, CompanionLink Software, Inc.

Some things of note:

1. Contact filters and/or search capability is "on the current development schedule for the next 14 days."
2. They have had "more than one [request] for vCard/vCal [support] and will be implementing that soon."
3. "Calendar Alarm support is on the schedule for the next 5-7 days. We dropped it at the last minute because the hardware clock has some oddness that caused them to be wierd. We'll implement a software clock if needed, but [if we do,] alarms wont ring unless DejaPIM is running. That would not be good. Look for Alarms to ring by Friday."

So working Alarms are on the way! I actually wouldn't mind if DejaPIM had to be running (unless that implies that the device must be in a non-standby mode), since I keep it running all the time anyway (the app itself doesn't use much memory).

Rock on, DejaDevelopers.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Miho
You need to use english (usa) settings in 770. -> control panel -> language/region
Darn. Was it that simple and I reflashed and all...

OK. Dumb question. How do you start DejaPIM after you download it?

Bob in Houston

Go to Extras->DejaPIM

Never mind. I found it.

Bob in Houston

New version as of 01/10/06.