Active Topics

Originally Posted by catbus View Post
But my vote goes to #4 ric9K - Even i don't like editing...
Hi Catbus,
Interrested in your remark:
Do you mean you don't like editing in itself or you don't like the way I edited the picture?

I didn't explain what was hidden/accidental into my picture because I only noticed after posting it and mostly because I only correctly understood the point by reading one of these last days Maemish explanation.
My point when taking the picture was to catch the long shadows and to try to see something with this totally blinding light. These moving shadows were so long!

But for me, the picture is now showind something else. When I look at it, I feel kind of a Chinese atmosphere. Because of the bike, maybe because China is present in our minds at this time. This is for me the accidental side of it.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
+1
Since i still do not full grasp the topic ( ) my vote to #4 ric9k is based on pure aesthetic!
Is that your usual kind of style you developed over time?
I like it much, minimalistic with strong lines.
Pentona was very close only i think the picture suffered from trying to force the topic.
Thanks, no. I still don't know what my style is! When I catch it, it is somewhere else...

My vote goes to Pentona because it was not intended to show the picture was taken in Budapest (or I am wrong?)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
This month's topic was a real challenge; so much that I could not rise up to the occasion myself and was unable to capture an image worthy of presenting here. As the ideal image should have contained an accidental sidetopic interesting enough... very tough challenge indeed.

#1. Pentona, Sony Xperia 10 Plus, Sailfish X
- Moody capture on a station or something. Only after a careful second look I noticed that there's actually lots more people in the shadows than the ones I saw at first glimple.

#2. john_god, ”High tec meeting – in the shadows world leaders secret meeting", Samsung J4+
- This is the other way to go at the topic; carefully building a setting and story to create the desired impression; not a bad attempt really though I'd want to see a more dynamic image.

#3. pichlo, Jolla
- In a way I like this idea; the main subject is the odd-by-itself empty shelves and the accidental detail is the people in the end of the corridor.

#4. ric9K, N900-Fcam, Edited with Darktable for linux: exposition, black level, white balance, crop to square.
- This is strong and beautiful image; altough I am not that sure about the hidden subject part. Very nice shadows, very strong leading lines.

#5.robthebold, Sony Xperia X, SFOS, Piggz Advanced Camera
- Leftovers, yes very much so! Good angle ov view, interesting car undersides. Too bad this does not evoke the feeling of being in the shadows.

#6. Maemish, "Battle with N9 as sick - is sick", BlessN900 and both brightness and contrast +11
- Interesting idea; the laptop and N9 on the foreground catch the eye and then one starts to check all the detail on the background.

#7. mosen, F(x)tec Pro1, unedited
- Nice idea; indeed without being pointed out I'd not spotted the birdie in the rabbit cage at all. That definitely fits the in-the-shadows idea

The image #2 by john_god would themantically be a clear winner but the problem I see is that it is a built-up image and not an accidental shot.
The image #4 by ric9k is the most beautiful in my mind, but does not fit the given theme IMHO.
So my vote goes to #6 by maemish, where I see the cap-with-goggles on the background as intriguing feature.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I try to do the wrap up tomorrow. I actually like it more that this was too challenging topic and didn't work. Somehow more fun at least to me. Trial and error is being alive. Unease feeling belong to being alive.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
Hi Catbus,
Interrested in your remark:
Do you mean you don't like editing in itself or you don't like the way I edited the picture?
Editing itself... cause i'm very bad on any editing - And Your picture was very good, even edited !

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Wrap up of march competition shows, that:

1. Pentona got I vote

2. john_god got II votes

3. pichlo got I vote

4. ric9k got III votes

5. robthebold got no votes (I prefer using no instead of any so you get at least the word vote in plural form)

6. Maemish got I vote

7. mosen got III votes

So summa summarum we have two with equal amount of votes, ric9k and mosen. Congratulations to the winners!

You may solve this problem yourselves or you can answer which number I thought between 1 and 10? We can continue this as long as either one gets the right one? Each time the number will change though.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-04-02 at 03:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Wow, thanks !

I would propose the number 5 but this will be long as I have a lot to do at the time and don't come here so often...
Also, I would say:
-mosen can cook (surely very well) - I can't
-mosen has written, given, much more to the forum than I did
-mosen has a Pro(1)
-and mostly, mosen was more into the subject of the contest as I was, at least considering I didn't explain the "not on purpose Chineese feeling" of my picture early enough.

So, for all these very good reasons, mosen deserves the price!

But if not, my guess number is 5.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
I need closure on the number guessing game . . .

Was it Pi?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
ric9K and mosen... no hurry at all... just keep Your own time... We can wait... no hurry at all... just keep Your own time... We can wait - etc...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
(I prefer using no instead of zero so you get at least the word vote in plural form)
A Bloody Foreigner™ with a passion for the English language says, "zero votes" also uses the word vote in a plural form

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I need closure on the number guessing game . . .

Was it Pi?
Yes, three.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, camera phone, competition, march, phone, year 2020