how do u u lower the threshhold? i dont think this software works as well as it used too... i liked the lucid dream feature,but it ended up just wakin me up as the software think im in deepsleep about 70% of the time... i think people only have true deep sleep 30% of the time.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi airjaff

Originally Posted by airjaff View Post
how do u u lower the threshhold?
The trigger level can be lowered/raised during recording with the two buttons at the bottom.

Originally Posted by airjaff View Post
i dont think this software works as well as it used too... i liked the lucid dream feature,but it ended up just wakin me up as the software think im in deepsleep about 70% of the time... i think people only have true deep sleep 30% of the time.
Can you explain this a bit more?
If the lucid dream function wakes you up, then you might have set it up too loud, I guess!
If you are 70% in deep sleep, you have a very good sleep, or more likely, you have not configured it correctly.
In one of the last posts I explained how to do it properly. Also I am currently overworking the documentation.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Hi handaxe

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/SleepAnalyser/main.py", line 1817, in Start
    WriteConfig() #good point to save config
  File "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/sleepanalyser-2.1/debian/sleepanalyser/opt/SleepAnalyser/functions_general.py", line 279, in WriteConfig
    os.mkdir(data.configFolder)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/gruinelli/Entwicklung/Maemo/GARAGE_SVN/Sleepanalyser/'
Latest dev version. that path.....

Edited PS.: After installing the Community SSU, SleepAnalyser now works. Not that the CSSU had anything to do with this likely but there you are.....
Do you know which packages got installed after you enabled the SSU repository?
It seems that SleepAnalyser thought it is not running on a N900.
During start it checks if the acceleration sensor is available under "/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-001d/coord".
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
The trigger level can be lowered/raised during recording with the two buttons at the bottom.
The only buttons on my phone during recording are a zoom in and out, no trigger setting in sight (see attached) There are buttons in the test screen tho'

Do you know which packages got installed after you enabled the SSU repository?
It seems that SleepAnalyser thought it is not running on a N900.
During start it checks if the acceleration sensor is available under "/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-001d/coord".
Very few packages at this point: Modest, hildon-desktop and 1 or 2 others (see http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Changelog). My instinct tells me the CSSU install and SleepAnalyser working is a coincidence, as the prev version of SleepAnalyser worked fine. It may have been the associated reboot that did it. Weird stuff...

tnx
Attached Images

Last edited by handaxe; 2011-01-30 at 20:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
The only buttons on my phone during recording are a zoom in and out, no trigger setting in sight (see attached) There are buttons in the test screen tho'
tnx
You did not set an alarm!
The trigger level buttons are not visible as they are not needed.
Without an alarm, there is no usage for them!

Very few packages at this point: Modest, hildon-desktop and 1 or 2 others. My instinct tells me the CSSU install and SleepAnalyser working is a coincidence, as the prev version of SleepAnalyser worked fine. It may have been the associated reboot that did it. Weird stuff...tnx
It might be that SleepAnalyser is dependent on one of those packages. Its very hard to tell which packages are really needed.
Why did you disable SSU? They are per se enabled and I would not know a reason to disable it.
and more...

On setting the alarm: Doh!!! Makes perfect sense. Well, in my defense I was following airjaff's reference to the threshhold to which you used the word trigger... What he meant (I think) was the thresholds that determine the points of entry to awake - light sleep - deep sleep.

Do the settings in the Advanced 1 & 2 tabs for that?

BTW, yours is a very nicely thought out app IMO.

I did not disable the SSU. I added the shiny new under testing Community SSU http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU and that replaces a few of the system packages formerly provided by Nokia via their SSU. These are preparations for the future as Nokia has stepped back from Maemo and the n900 (sniff).

The transition levels between the sleep phases (I guess thats what you mean) are kind of hard coded. Of course I also could add them to the settings window, how ever i think it is not necessary and would only confuse the normal user.
and more...

The transition levels between the sleep phases (I guess thats what you mean) are kind of hard coded. Of course I also could add them to the settings window, how ever i think it is not necessary and would only confuse the normal user.
Spot on. I have no fault with this. One could have an advanced tab...?

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Can anyone paste here what music are you using for Lucid dream and Wake up option?

Any examples?