Notices

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by frals View Post
There should be one, at least in Polite mode.
To start from a clean slate, do the following: ...
And that did it! I have no idea why or how my settings were messed up, but clearing the settings with gconftool-2 was necessary, as uninstall/reinstall hadn't helped before.

Now at least receiving seems to work, though I'm not sure about sending. The phone thinks the message was sent OK, but at least now it hasn't arrived with my friend.

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Hi Frals,
Since i upgraded to version 1.3.3 i have been having the following problem, i am able to send an mms but it's not being received on the other end. i had the same problem with version 1.3.0 but it was because in /var/lib/gconf/apps/fmms/\%gconf.xml my phonenumber was set to "0" i have checked that and it seems to be fine. i have uploaded a few files, i would really appreciate your help to resolve this.

thanks carlon
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmp_fmms_log.txt (7.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: txt var_lib_gconf_apps_fmms_%gconf_xml.txt (1.6 KB, 96 views)

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Klein/Spring, Texas, USA
fMMS, from the first version to the latest has *never*, and let me repeat, *never* worked on my N900 and I've tried every combination of settings suggested for T-Mobile USA on http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS_configurations#United_States.

I just tried downloading a test MMS sent by T-Mobile USA and I got the proverbial "Operation failed".

The log is attached.

If anyone can tell me what the problem is I'd be infinitely grateful.

jdb2
Attached Files
File Type: txt fmms.log.txt (4.9 KB, 152 views)
File Type: txt fmms-gconf.xml.txt (1.6 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by jdb2; 2011-02-28 at 16:42.

Originally Posted by jdb2 View Post
fMMS, from the first version to the latest has *never*, and let me repeat, *never* worked on my N900 and I've tried every combination of settings suggested for T-Mobile USA on http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS_configurations#United_States.

I just tried downloading a test MMS sent by T-Mobile USA and I got the proverbial "Operation failed".

The log is attached.

If anyone can tell me what the problem is I'd be infinitely grateful.

jdb2
I'm having issues lately too with T-Mo. It has worked fine before but the latest update screwed it up somehow. I keep getting operation failed as well.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I tried many so many things, but after reflash it does not work anymore. I copied all MMS-es and probably settings too.

If I want to send an MMS I get error:

Operation failed
13, Permission denied

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by mihapodb View Post
I tried many so many things, but after reflash it does not work anymore. I copied all MMS-es and probably settings too.

If I want to send an MMS I get error:

Operation failed
13, Permission denied
How did you copy them? I'm guessing 'user' doesn't have read/write access to /home/user/.fmms

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I copied whole map \user\.fmms

And I have old MMS-es, but it is not working for new one...

Can someone post the config files of fmms for comparison please? my mms are being marked as sent, the log shows message sent aok and i'm being charged for the mms but its just not being received on the other end, however i can receive mms. The last time this happened to me it was because the phone number value was set to 0 in the var/lib/gconf_apps/fmms/%gconf.xml. any help would be appreciated.

@jdb2, i took a look at the out put you posted and in fmms.gconf.xml on the <entry name="phonenumber" mtime="1264706566" type="string">
<stringvalue>000</stringvalue>

if i am not mistaken the stringvalue should have your phonenumber (+xxx xxx xxxx) and not 000

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Klein/Spring, Texas, USA
Originally Posted by carlon View Post
@jdb2, i took a look at the out put you posted and in fmms.gconf.xml on the <entry name="phonenumber" mtime="1264706566" type="string">
<stringvalue>000</stringvalue>

if i am not mistaken the stringvalue should have your phonenumber (+xxx xxx xxxx) and not 000
Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately, I changed it to my phone number using the gconf editor and I still get "Operation Failed." :/

jdb2

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python