Hi Everyone, Can someone please help me with upgrading my N800 to OS2008? I have tried and I'm not getting it done. I know where the file is and I downloaded it ,it's saved on my vista computer in the My download files. I open the Nokia software wizard and when I browse for the file I can't see it. I know it's there because if the wizard isn't open I can see the file. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please help. Thanks

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Any chance the file extension got changed?

You may have extensions turned off, so it might be hard to tell. Right-click on the file and check the name under Properties. It should end in ".bin".

The Following User Says Thank You to technut For This Useful Post:
Technut, The file ends with bin. What are the steps for updating the software?

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
The steps are spelled out on the screen when you are running the wizard. So you are getting to the point of browsing for the file but you can't see it in the browse window of the Wizard?

Maybe try putting the .bin file on your Desktop or some other directory, just in case the My Downloads directory isn't accessible for some reason (but that would be strange). And you could rename it to something short, like "OS2008beta.bin" in case it has picked up a character that the wizard doesn't like (though the default name seemed fine when I did it).

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
I had the same issue then I went to "Open Program" and chose the Tablet Update Wizard and it worked fine.
Reaver

The Following User Says Thank You to Reaver For This Useful Post:
The message I got was Invalid software update. This is the file I have on my computer.

RX-34_OS2008SE_1.2007.44-4_PR_combined_MRO_ARM.bin

Software Wizard won't open or recognize this software. does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Have you tried renaming the file?

What would I rename it? My computer doesn't seems to recognize bin files so it won't open it. Right now I'm downloading the os2008 again to a sd card and see if that works.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
To rename the file you don't need to open the file, just right click and select rename (just as technut suggested you)

The Following User Says Thank You to akd For This Useful Post:
Thanks AKD I finally did get OS2008 installed. I downloaded it to an sd card and I did change the name of the file. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my call for help. I really appreciated your help and this whole website.