Active Topics

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Portland OR USA
Thinking about using the n900 as a Signature inputing device.

Use: as a small business owner I have looked at options to digitize all aspects of the business. I have a service business for other businesses. B2B for short.

I go to a customer site. Accomplish the work. Input the work into my laptop. Everything is complete. I show the customer what was accomplished. Any the only thing left IS...a signature.

It may be possible to have the customer use MSPaint (please, no M$oft hatin) with the "touchpad" to sign the work. (unprofessional) BUT, it would be ultra cool to whip out my n900 (please, no icky comments) and have them sign the work, using the n900. After they complete the signature. I take it back, click on a button. Their signature appears on the work order as a pic (or somethin else) and away I go.

So what do you think? Brainstorm worthy?

To summarize:

Use the N900 as a signature pad, that would transmit the signature to the computer.

Anyone?

suggestion: The interface between the n900 and laptop should be bluetooth OR Wifi (as not all laptop's have blue teeth)

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
did this the other day to get my own sig on a word document. just used the sketch app and then imported the file into openoffice.
should be easy to create an app for this... hope someone can help you out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Portland OR USA
Originally Posted by Tiboric View Post
did this the other day to get my own sig on a word document. just used the sketch app and then imported the file into openoffice.
should be easy to create an app for this... hope someone can help you out.
Was open office on the n900 or the laptop/linux pc?

Reason I ask is, it would be great if it was on the laptop, don't need the customer squinting to read what I did. thanks for the input!

i think you can do this with xournal on n900, so you could show the document on your lapto, make a special macro or bash script to convert to pdf and tfransfer via bt to n900, open pdf on n900 and have them sign