Is there a way to increase the size of the screen borders used for detecting edge swipes? On the Pro1 you need to start from past the curve of the screen, which can be awkward if you're only holding the phone with one hand.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Is there a way to increase the size of the screen borders used for detecting edge swipes? On the Pro1 you need to start from past the curve of the screen, which can be awkward if you're only holding the phone with one hand.
try playing with:
Code:
dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/peekfilter/boundaryWidth 48

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Thanks! I've set it to about 70 at the moment and it's a lot more comfortable to use.

I'm curious what the original value was for the Pro1, since that key did not exist before I wrote to it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
version --dup?
Did version --dup yesterday hoping it would fix a few other issues and the problem of a lot of partitions showing in the storage and the SD card nowhere to be found is back.

Other issues are:

MMS doesn't work. APN settings have been checked and double checked, but doesn't work. Works on Xperia X SFOS with same settings.

Email cannot be set up. The trick of restarting the device upon receiving the error message at email setup results in an email account that does not refresh or fetch any email. Settings have been checked and double checked to be correct, but doesn't work. Works on Xperia X SFOS with same settings.

Voice calls using a headset are too loud and cannot be reduced further.

Voicemail indicator does not show up after a voicemail has been left and only appears upon reboot. This worked correctly on Xperia X SFOS where after a voicemail was left the voicemail indicator would appear immediately.

During a phone call without a headset the proximity sensor does not turn on the screen immediately upon taking the device away from the ear. This makes telephone menus difficult to navigate as they require a reply within a certain amount of time to press a certain number to navigate the menu.

In the same line of thinking, the screen provides strange inputs when navigating a voice menu, resulting in the face pressing random buttons. The screen remains off, however it seems like tactile inputs are still being registered.

So for now it seems SFOS on F(x) tec Pro 1 is not ready for prime time unless there are corrections to this that can be implemented.

Does anyone know who are the developers of the port? Is this the best way to provide feedback or is there a different forum that is being used for development?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
I've also seen similar issues with the phone and proximity sensor, namely that if it rings and I pull it out of my pocket, the screen usually doesn't turn on until I press the power button (which silences the call).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by oenone View Post
Did version --dup yesterday hoping it would fix a few other issues and the problem of a lot of partitions showing in the storage and the SD card nowhere to be found is back.

Other issues are:

MMS doesn't work. APN settings have been checked and double checked, but doesn't work. Works on Xperia X SFOS with same settings.

Email cannot be set up. The trick of restarting the device upon receiving the error message at email setup results in an email account that does not refresh or fetch any email. Settings have been checked and double checked to be correct, but doesn't work. Works on Xperia X SFOS with same settings.

Voice calls using a headset are too loud and cannot be reduced further.

Voicemail indicator does not show up after a voicemail has been left and only appears upon reboot. This worked correctly on Xperia X SFOS where after a voicemail was left the voicemail indicator would appear immediately.

During a phone call without a headset the proximity sensor does not turn on the screen immediately upon taking the device away from the ear. This makes telephone menus difficult to navigate as they require a reply within a certain amount of time to press a certain number to navigate the menu.

In the same line of thinking, the screen provides strange inputs when navigating a voice menu, resulting in the face pressing random buttons. The screen remains off, however it seems like tactile inputs are still being registered.

So for now it seems SFOS on F(x) tec Pro 1 is not ready for prime time unless there are corrections to this that can be implemented.

Does anyone know who are the developers of the port? Is this the best way to provide feedback or is there a different forum that is being used for development?
You'll find the link to the Github issue tracker in the first post, so far it's the best way to report bugs. However, I do not encounter all bugs you've listed so I'm a bit surprised.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I updated my pro1 via zypper ref and zypper update. Now it doesn't start anymore. It is just booting to the bootscreen. Any chance to get it to work again, other than reflash?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Oh man, what a coincidence...
I did pkcon refresh & pkcon update and now am in the same misery

Mine happened today at noon and i have not reflashed looking for some solution also.

I can connect to ssh nemo@192.168.2.1 if i boot the Pro¹ into recovery mode (Vol down+Power at boot).
But non of my credentials work. I also tried "password".
Any idea, @TheKit maybe?

Last edited by mosen; 2020-03-15 at 22:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I updated my pro1 via zypper ref and zypper update. Now it doesn't start anymore. It is just booting to the bootscreen. Any chance to get it to work again, other than reflash?
My bad.... i was experimenting with new packages in the devel repo ... you should be able to access via telnet to 192.168.2.15:2323

That will give you root for maintenance. Id appreciate the output of
su - nemo
groups

In the meantime, i will restore the old packages, and you should be able to zypper dup to restore them!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
Also, you can probably fix it by editing
/lib/systemd/system/vendor.mount and changing sde16 to sde18 and rebooting

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os