Active Topics

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Why not use wget? Or download installler-hack directly with browser?
How doyou try to install openrepo mirrors? Just enable third-party installations in settings and tap on it in transfer popup or file browser.

About aegis-install and its safety against MALF: I have no idea (as using open mode) but would assume that coderus knows what he published and there were no claims. So it will be safe ( nevertheless backup always suggested ).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Why not use wget? Or download installler-hack directly with browser?
How doyou try to install openrepo mirrors? Just enable third-party installations in settings and tap on it in transfer popup or file browser.

About aegis-install and its safety against MALF: I have no idea (as using open mode) but would assume that coderus knows what he published and there were no claims. So it will be safe ( nevertheless backup always suggested ).
Could indeed try wget (instructions please?, should I just replace curl with wget or is there any other difference?) I was just trying to follow instructions from thp's page as closely as possible.

Tried to install repos both with Warehouse (fails with error) and with .deb (just fails). I have enabled installation from non-Nokia sources.

I trust both coderus and thp, otherwise I would not install these packages.

The Following User Says Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
You could download the installer directly without curl/wget by just pointing your browser to http://thp.io/2014/emojifix/hack-ins...0.10_armel.deb

Of course wget has bit different syntax, but
wget http://thp.io/2014/emojifix/hack-ins...0.10_armel.deb
should do the trick.

Download openrepo mirror as described above.
Not via warehouse neither by terminal installation.
Just download and tap on it (transfer or file browser).

. . .

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

Ok, got the repo mirrors working and managed to install curl and aegis hack. When installing the patched libsms-utils I got the following errors:
)
Code:
Preparing to replace libsms-utils0 0.5.17.3+0m7 (using libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel_emojifix.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libsms-utils0 ...
dpkg: error processing libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel_emojifix.deb (--install):
 error setting permissions of `./usr/lib/libsms-utils.so.0.0.0': Operation not permitted
dpkg-deb (subprocess): data: internal gzip write error: Broken pipe
dpkg-deb: subprocess <decompress> returned error exit status 2
Processing triggers for applauncherd-launcher ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel_emojifix.deb
aegis-installing libsms-utils0 (from 'com.nokia.maemo')
Did it install or not (apparently not)? Is it safe to reboot?

Probably the text in bold is the cause of the error? Should I change privileges for that file (if I should, how)?

Last edited by OVK; 2015-08-03 at 13:17.

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Probably the text in bold is the cause of the error? Should I change privileges for that file (if I should, how)?
Please. Any help would be appreciated.

This used not to be a bad problem but now it seems that everybody is using these ****ing emoticons, all the time.

Ok, got the repo mirrors working and managed to install curl and aegis hack. When installing the patched libsms-utils I got the following errors:
)
Code:
Preparing to replace libsms-utils0 0.5.17.3+0m7 (using libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel_emojifix.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libsms-utils0 ...
dpkg: error processing libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel_emojifix.deb (--install):
 error setting permissions of `./usr/lib/libsms-utils.so.0.0.0': Operation not permitted
dpkg-deb: subprocess <decompress> returned error exit status 2
Processing triggers for applauncherd-launcher ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel_emojifix.deb
aegis-installing libsms-utils0 (from 'com.nokia.maemo')
Did it install or not (apparently not)? Is it safe to reboot?

I tried to change privileges for the file in question (chmod a+rwx, both as normal user and root), after that still the same error.

Please, if anyone knows what is wrong, help me.

Also, if no-one knows how to fix it, speak up. Then I know that I should give up trying and I can go and buy a new (probably Android) phone. I just can't rely on N9 anymore if I can't receive all messages.

How did you try to change the privileges? Do you use opensudo? If not, try that.
BTW, I've not tried installing that .deb package myself, and I don't know why it prints an error. @coderus might be able to help.
However, you can also try installing manually: install opensudo, create a backup from the original file, replace the new file, update the corresponding refhashlist using the updater script (available in TMO but I don't have the link right now), and reboot your phone. It should work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hedayat View Post
How did you try to change the privileges? Do you use opensudo? If not, try that.
I did as root chmod a+rwx libsms-utils.so.0.0.0 in /usr/lib folder (don't have an idea if that was a wise/sane thing to do but as said, I am desperate).

What is opensudo and how should it be used?

BTW, I've not tried installing that .deb package myself, and I don't know why it prints an error. @coderus might be able to help.
However, you can also try installing manually: install opensudo, create a backup from the original file, replace the new file, update the corresponding refhashlist using the updater script (available in TMO but I don't have the link right now), and reboot your phone. It should work.
Thanks. I need to dig deeper to this. I remember seeing a link to refhaslist patcher, might be even in this thread.

What are all the files that need to be changed? Is libsms-utils.so.0.0.0 the only one or are there also others?

Thank you for your help.

That does not look like a problem with /usr/lib/***
It is more a prob with extracting deb (guessing on MyDoc?), see the dot in front of path.

Further guessing: you execute dpkg (aegis-dpkg) in a directory of MyDocs? (It would help to see full output of terminal together with pwd)
So probably aegis-dpkg needs to extract contents of deb first and then do the magic? That would explain above error.
Change to a directory of /home (ext4) and try from there once more.

Post full command and output, please.

Please. Any help would be appreciated.

This used not to be a bad problem but now it seems that everybody is using these ****ing emoticons, all the time.
Hep OVK...

Käytä viestin #26 (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=26) -pakettia. Se toimii vastaanotossa vaikka lähettääkin sitten vain neliöitä...

Itsekin jouduin vaihtamaan nysiä ja nää uudet paketit ei asennu mullakaan... Tuo asentuu ja toimii... Ei jää ainakaan viestit saapumatta, mikä lienee tärkeintä...

--

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post: