Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
As per the title, the whole of maemo.org is unavailable for some reason (seems to be a routing issue).

I think in future we should create a new thread each time maemo.org goes down for a prolonged period - include the date of service interruption in the title so that it's relatively easy to work out how flakey maemo.org actually is (ie. count the threads!)

At this time - 07:45 GMT - the whole of maemo.org is unavailable including garage, bugzilla and repositories.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-12-05 at 08:09.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
I cannot seem to be able to access Planet nor Downloads (no route to host), the main page and some sub pages work (using corporate proxy though, so if it does transparent caching I might be wrong). If the server is on multiple machines, maybe one node is down..

Last edited by ankkuri; 2007-12-05 at 08:05. Reason: wording

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I should apologise for this thread - I've just found a post on the maemo developers mailing list from a couple of days ago announcing the downtime (I'm a bit behind with the mailing list - bah!)

(Posted 3 December 13:07 GMT)

Hello,

Our ISP has informed us that the maemo servers will all go down
on the __5th of December__ due to a major server relocation at their data
center.

The break will last from 09:00AM till 01:00PM (UTC/GMT+2).

Sorry for the inconvenience it may cause.

Br,
ferenc
So the current outage is due to planned maintenance and we were notified in good time - a round of applause to the Maemo guys in particular Ferenc!

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-12-05 at 08:30.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Can't get to any of them either.

It's either down or bogged down a lot, no doubt about that. Not a reliable resource.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
yeah just my luck too, I bork my install, want to re-install oops no repositories. sei la gare.

Is maemo.org down now? When I want to install, it always says application package not available

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
maemo.org isn't down but the software repositories aren't working

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3502

Unfortunately this happens from time to time, usually when you want to install some package

The repositories don't seem to be down as much as they were in december but if Nokia wants to persuade developers to move their packages to Maemo Extras then they should improve the uptime.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2008-07-27 at 12:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to iamthewalrus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
The repositories don't seem to be down as much as they were in december but if Nokia wants to persuade developers to move their packages to Maemo Extras then they should improve the uptime.
You mean like using maemo extras makes an average application a "remarkable project"? https://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Remarkab...unity_projects

This "i really want to be a grown up linux distro" is so funny.

Is this why I cannot do some of the things that I wanted to do and/or add applets to my start-up screen?

What the hell?

When did it go down? How long will it be that way?

The Following User Says Thank You to iTab For This Useful Post: