All of a sudden I'm having a problem where the lock code screen comes up but I cannot enter any code. It is as if the touch screen does not work.
HOwever touching the screen makes it light up from black, therefore it is detecting touch.

I tried first flashing the kernel only, and this did not take care of the problem... Decided to go ahead and flash the eMMC (I've actually never done this)

Used the following command and image:
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f

followed by the following
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin
-f

as explained on http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

(I had no luck doing this from windows xp so I did it from an ubuntu live CD... both flashings appeared to go through without problem.

The N900 however still wants me to enter a lock code.

Am I missing something? did I not flash the eMMC correctly? shouldn't this have gotten rid of the lock code request?

Any input is appreciated.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hmm..
But can you enter code with hw-keyboard?

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
All of a sudden I'm having a problem where the lock code screen comes up but I cannot enter any code. It is as if the touch screen does not work.
HOwever touching the screen makes it light up from black, therefore it is detecting touch.

I tried first flashing the kernel only, and this did not take care of the problem... Decided to go ahead and flash the eMMC (I've actually never done this)

Used the following command and image:
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f

followed by the following
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin
-f

as explained on http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

(I had no luck doing this from windows xp so I did it from an ubuntu live CD... both flashings appeared to go through without problem.

The N900 however still wants me to enter a lock code.

Am I missing something? did I not flash the eMMC correctly? shouldn't this have gotten rid of the lock code request?

Any input is appreciated.
Lock code request cannot be disabled by flashing firmware nor emmc, but it should help you to get touchscreen working so you actually can enter the code. Lock code has to be disabled from settings to get rid of it.

I cannot use the keyboard either, but I remember reading somewhere that the lock code cannot be entered from the keyboard. (not sure if that info is correct)

Is there any way of getting rid of the lock code request? I'm in dire straits here