Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Vote for it:
Bug 3306

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ East Sussex, UK
Thanks for the link Bundyo.

I've voted - this bug is bugging me bad at the moment! Can't get microb or email etc to realise the device is actually connected to the ineternet via bluetooth. Thank goodness for apt-get!

BTW I get an error message due to an incorrect ssl certificate when I click on the bugzilla link above. Swapping "bugs" for "bugzilla" seems to fix the problem. So the working link becomes: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3306

I've voted, too.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
A vote from me too!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Btw, you can make a Wifi Ad-Hoc link and use it instead, but it drains the battery real fast since it is using wifi all the time.

Good to check the mail or something fast.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-06-27 at 06:28.

I had the same problem but I noticed if I looked at the connection details it had <PCS VISION PASSWORD> (or something similar) in the password entry for the connection. I deleted this then was able to connect fine. Hope this helps someone.

same here and the phone connection wizard does not help

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

You say a WiFi AP link; I think you mean ad-hoc (i.e., no AP)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
No, I believe for ppc's (which seem to be one of the most common pan devices and judging from his posts is what Bundyo owns) there are programs that share the current internet connection on the ppc and "emulate" an ap for the tablet to connect to.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Ah, OK; I thought it was a reference to setting up an ad-hoc connection (to nothing) so the browser etc. knew there was an internet connection.

(As far as I know, PAN probably works; the problem seems to be only with the dummy connection; switching to links2 might make it work... I haven't had the opportunity to try that stuff out yet, but that was the case with USB-ethernet on pseuDiablo.)