Notices

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
What is the license for the preinstalled themes on the n900. The gtkrc file is licensed as CC share alike 2.5, but is this license only covering the text-files or do they apply to the pixmaps as well?

I am mostly wondering since I am working on a theme, where I intend on keeping most of the elements intact, and mostly tweak colors and hues. I feel it is wise to ask now and not rush to do unnecessary pixelwork on every single element...

And a little bit OT ... Where is the color of the date in the lock screen defined?

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by daddeddad View Post
What is the license for the preinstalled themes on the n900. The gtkrc file is licensed as CC share alike 2.5, but is this license only covering the text-files or do they apply to the pixmaps as well?

I am mostly wondering since I am working on a theme, where I intend on keeping most of the elements intact, and mostly tweak colors and hues. I feel it is wise to ask now and not rush to do unnecessary pixelwork on every single element...

And a little bit OT ... Where is the color of the date in the lock screen defined?
in colors.css

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
AFAIK, properitary package. There's many other delicious themes to base off though.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Well that was a pity, I shall look into it though, IiviSteel might have some components worth using...

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by daddeddad View Post
Well that was a pity, I shall look into it though, IiviSteel might have some components worth using...
Well, there's also some bitmaps from nseries-theme, allthough they are all modified in some way.
I'm still working on draving all the graphics from the scratch for IivilSteel. Baby steps...

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Well after looking in to this and that I decided to base it upon Andrews maemo-theme since it seems nice and should be bugg-free.

I will remove some screaming orange thought.

Please look into http://mer-project.blogspot.com/2010...for-theme.html as well as a basis for development.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Please look into http://mer-project.blogspot.com/2010...for-theme.html as well as a basis for development.
Ouh, thanks. That was more than helpful.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Yeah, thanks for this.
Can you tell how to create a .deb package inside MADDE from the three source-files?

In scratchbox it can be created by "fakeroot debian/binary" command, but fakeroot isn't included in MADDE?

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Yeah, thanks for this.
Can you tell how to create a .deb package inside MADDE from the three source-files?

In scratchbox it can be created by "fakeroot debian/binary" command, but fakeroot isn't included in MADDE?
For themes this is not currently possible. Upload it to autobuilder instead and let that on the heavy lifting.