hello, what i need to do to try kde+koffice ?
i've just installed Os2008 on my n800, thanks !

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by L0cutus View Post
hello, what i need to do to try kde+koffice ?
i've just installed Os2008 on my n800, thanks !
Well are you booting from mmc? You must be booting 2008OS from mmc/SD and have at least 1.5GB partition.

Once booting from SD with 2008OS, PM me and I will send you a link to the files you need to install

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Italy - Canada
I have just installed kde 3.5.8 + Koffice on my n800 running os2008 .. it's so sweet and beautiful Ty very much Mr. Penguinbait .. I love ur grate job

here u can see some screens about it

Really ****ing great job man

Glad to see your up and running. I see you customized to fits your likes.

I just want to point out a few things, If you are using the onscreen keyboard (kvkbd) Check out the Dock Widget in the menu, this will give to access onscreen keyboard when in fullscreen, nice if you need it for VNC or Rdesktop. Or even to use it when fullscreen in Konqueror, or other apps.

I see you changed the pager, I HIGHLY reccomend turning on "Window Thumbnails" from the pager options menu. This allows you to drag window between desktops, it ALSO allows you to move windows up on the screnn, for when you can not get to the bottom of a window, which will occaisonally happen.

Did you notice VNC and rdesktop are already installed, These are my versions, not maemoized versions.

Did you notice you can connect to your n8x0 from VNC or rdesktop?

Did you print anything?

Very nice to see you make it your own,

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post

Did you notice you can connect to your n8x0 from VNC or rdesktop?

Did you print anything?

Very nice to see you make it your own,
I don't use VNC or rdesktop, just ssh, but, I think I must to try it .. So, I have printed some docs maked with kword, and cups working really great, the sound is beautilul perfect, and kde is really usable and also stable, nothing goes down, is pretty cool

I have found 1 problem only, flashplayer doesn't work with konqueror, or missing, I don't know, but, this is not release, I know ..

Ty for ur grate job ( and sorry for my bad english )

Originally Posted by Segnale007 View Post
I don't use VNC or rdesktop, just ssh, but, I think I must to try it .. So, I have printed some docs maked with kword, and cups working really great, the sound is beautilul perfect, and kde is really usable and also stable, nothing goes down, is pretty cool

I have found 1 problem only, flashplayer doesn't work with konqueror, or missing, I don't know, but, this is not release, I know ..

Ty for ur grate job ( and sorry for my bad english )

I have tried to get the flash working, by using the flsh libs with microb, but no luck it does not work. I have searched I do not think I can get the sources to the flashplayer? If you know where I can find them I would try to compile, but I think you have ot pay adobe or something, is there an opensource flash project?

Your english is fine, are you using swap partition or swap file?

I have done an swap of 150 mb, not is enough, but, work great .. I don't know where u can found the flashplayer source code, but, I know adobe had been released a source code for developers mozilla, but, I don't have idea where u can found it .. But, u can try with gnash, it is a alpha release. so, I guess flashplayer 9 is thound batter, but gnash working fine on my freebsd, and it is free sw and opensource, maybe, u should be try, if u want, and have time to spend with it .

Hi all,

I've managed to install Kde 3.5.8 on my N800 running OS2008beta and it is absolutely AMAZING !

It's installed on a 8GB SDHC card and it works beautifuly!

Here are a few screenshots:
Kde Menu

Office Menu !

Krita

Kontact (a decent PIM finally !)

Kopete running with a Jabber account

The only problem I have is how to simulate a right click.

FANTASTIC job Penguinbait, thanks a lot for this!

I can't wait to see Amarok running on my N800, any chance?

Just a last question, how do you make the boot on MMC the default?

Thx again.

Last edited by fmo; 2007-12-09 at 15:27.

Originally Posted by fmo View Post
The only problem I have is how to simulate a right click.
I've been meaning to look into this as well, I'd love to have tap and hold send a right click to X apps.

Originally Posted by dblank View Post
I've been meaning to look into this as well, I'd love to have tap and hold send a right click to X apps.
I was thinking of looking into what they do for distribs running on MAC, because the problem would be the same because of the single button mouse.

At the moment, it's not working anymore, I mounted the memory card to transfer music on it and now it's broken I'll have to redo it as soon as I have some time free

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, koffice