Notices

It's working fine for me, with the default maximal FLAC compression and 32kHz sample rate. Both old and new recordings play back just fine.

Your recordings aren't saved on the SD card by any chance, are they?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
It's working fine for me, with the default maximal FLAC compression and 32kHz sample rate. Both old and new recordings play back just fine.

Your recordings aren't saved on the SD card by any chance, are they?
No
They are saving in sdcard, but some can play , some cannot

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Just checked and on my device all recordings are correct

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Just found out, the audio only can listen in outgoing call. Incoming call havent

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
The problems might be that 2.2.0 Mouhijoki updated pulseaudio which probably breaks the source/sink configuration in CallRecorder;

Originally Posted by "changelog
PulseAudio and its modules updated to version 11.1
Now it just needs to be checked why it only affects incoming calls; as far as I understand the cards configuration is same regadless of the call direction; both should map to "Active Profile: voicecall-record"?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.

Yesterday I noticed the same problem: no incoming call recording.Traces back to last SFOS update to 2.2.0.29.
However what puzzles me is that the native call recorder works fine with both incoming & outgoing calls.
I have also noticed that harbour-callrecorder records a small instant of the ringtone before going silent. It's not easy to notice it at first time..
I think a bit more testing is necessary and I also agree with @juiceme: the update to pulseaudio 11 might be related....

Regards.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
I cannot vouch for this since I have not checked it but I have a feeling the pulseaudio update in 2.2.0 modified the behaviour of sinks&sources so that callrecorder sets wrong profile for incoming calls.

As for why the native caal recording function works; of course it was tested against the updated pa and fixed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
And another:
for me it works (on Jolla C)!
Just remembered there were problems witb CallRecorder after updating to 2.2. So I recorded an incoming call and I can play it back.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
@peterleinchen, @juiceme could you please ellaborate a bit more about profiles or something?.
I'm so clueless here that I don't know how to start my troubleshooting.
Also, I don't like pulseaudio since it's also 'disturbing' me in my headless server as well....

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
Hi.
@peterleinchen, @juiceme could you please ellaborate a bit more about profiles or something?.
I'm so clueless here that I don't know how to start my troubleshooting.
Well, for starters you could check how pulseaudio in your device behaves when you place or receive a call;

- check what's displayed by "pactl list cards" when there is no call
- check what's displayed by "pactl list cards" when incoming call
- check what's displayed by "pactl list cards" when outgoing call

Compare the outputs, see what changes in different situations

Originally Posted by pasko View Post
Also, I don't like pulseaudio since it's also 'disturbing' me in my headless server as well....
Well guess who's the author, rings any bells...
Both pulseaudio and systemd share the mentality that they are complex, extensible and used in many places.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: