Hi all,

Quick question, is there a user (noob) friendly way of deleting personal information, browser saved passwords , contacts , email , sms e.t.c. without doing something as drastic as playing around in xterminal or flashing the device?

If not this is a bit of a shock!

MB

The Following User Says Thank You to MontyBravo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ France
Hi,

There's something for removing all contacts : Go in the n900's addressbook > setings > Delete all contacts from device
For other stuff, I've no idea (actually haven't checked)

There should be a way to delete everything since it's just files on the device, haven't figured it out yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to peyo For This Useful Post:
one way i can figure is to delete all data in /home/user using rm -r co mmand

never tried this though

There is also a "Clear device" feature that one can access by clicking the title bar in Settings. Probably wasn't there in the first releases of the device firmware, but difficult for me to confirm anymore

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuco For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Flashing is the best way to go because it gives the new user a whole new setup AND your data is erased. If you have an MMC card, format it too. Make sure any backup is erased.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ France
@tuco Thanks for the advice, this was well hidden and I did not find it directly. Note that this only resets the settings, not the data.
It looks like there is no functionality to clear the data and restore the software to the factory state, like it can be done on the Jolla smartphone by selecting "Clear device".

Last edited by baptx; 2019-06-04 at 18:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to baptx For This Useful Post: