Notices

I've compiled tinyfugue mud client for armel. Its in binary form and the link can be found here: http://www.dpo.uab.edu/~rcloud/tf

you need to put the library files in /usr/local/share/tf-lib
they are available here: http://www.dpo.uab.edu/~rcloud/tf-lib.tgz

The source compiles cleanly, its available here http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/s...tf-50b8.tar.gz

to connect to your mud, just type /connect host port
to quit: /quit

Last edited by hans-castorp; 2008-05-29 at 17:51.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to hans-castorp For This Useful Post:
I use tf over ssh with screen. Good stuff. It's a pretty weak client without screen, though.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hans-castorp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey, nice to see this released!

Thanks a lot hans-castorp!

The only MUD client I ever played was Medievia some 6 years ago.

Any good suggestions on something more recent that is very laid back and easy to get into?

These used to be my favorite time wasters back when I was a raging dork!

achaea www.achaea.com is a really polished mud and very highly populated. Its really great imo.

Ah, great! I've been surprised by the lack of MUD clients. I've been strangely interested in those ever since DSLinux got networking capability; MUDs are still rich and modern games, yet actually run on a text-based platform. (Ran via Telnet, then I ported Tintin++, which is a really great light-weight client).

I definitely recommend Achaea. "Accursed Lands" is also very new and sounds very ambitious. Mume has also struck me as rather interesting because it has a player-driven rules system, although I haven't found it as polished as those two.

Now, back to MUD clients... are there any others to be played with that have been ported to Maemo?

i'm not sure? is there one in particular you would like?

One program I've been using for a while is gnome-mud. Simple, but with some interesting GUI goodies -- and it has a .desktop file in /usr/share/applications, which is a huge plus in my books

Last edited by Picklesworth; 2008-06-17 at 16:52.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
OH DUDE! I didn't even know anybody had compiled this over to maemo! Even a .deb!!! THANK YOU MUCHLY!!

You have provided me a much-needed portable way to get my MUSH/MUCK/etc fix in wherever I go without having to ssh over to a server where I've installed it.

Domo arigato gozaimasu!!

Originally Posted by Navi View Post
I use tf over ssh with screen. Good stuff. It's a pretty weak client without screen, though.
How do you use it with SSH? Is there a method? I 'm on linux and have been using KBTIN but I want to use SSH rather than telnet and KBTIN sucks for SSH MUD connection. I want to connect to a MUD through SSH but am missing something important about how it works. I use screen and XTERM always. In order to SSH, do you just in your own LINUX OS term just type SSH plus username@computername before starting TinyFugue everytime? Otherwise how can you tell it is in SSH mode?