Notices

Hey ITT,
I've had the n800 for a couple of days now, and i've attempted to install new applications but every time I try to install them either I:
a: It installs, then I reboot, then when i got to app manager its empty
b: It downloads, but won't install. And then I reboot and again, my app manager is empty.

So this is what I do to install apps, please tell me if I'm doing something wrong.
1) Click on the big green arrow on the maemo website.
2) accept the download and click "Open".
3) Install the program,
4) accept all the warnings.
5) then i usually reboot my system.

--Should I be saving the installs, then opening them?
I really don't know what to do, I've re-flashed like 5 or 6 times, and it still happens. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Dustin

I don't see immediately what's wrong, but you won't need to reboot the device, that is only necessary when you upgrade home applets (those staying permanently open in the UI, e.g. omweather).

When you click the green 'click to install' arrows it does the following:
- It adds the repository to the application manager repository list, if not there already
- It tells the application manager to install the specific application from that repository.

When you have gone through the one-click procedure, whether it worked or not, you should in any case be able to find the application in application manager afterwards. Try this:

1) Start application manager from control panel
2) Ether press the hardware menu button, or click the top title to get the menu
3) Select Tools -> Update (or Refresh, depending on your locale)
4) Confirm the pop-up
5) Either it fails or not. Supposing it doesn't fail:
6) In the main AP display there are three fat buttons. The first one shows already installed applications, the next one shows installable applications. Click that one.
7) You should find your interesting application(s) in the list, click and install.

So should i download the application, then install it through app manager, or just download and install at the same time?