Active Topics

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Germany
Hi,

I have installed latest vmware image (maemo Diablo SDK on Ubuntu Desktop) on my WinXP PC and it works out of the box with vmware player.
After some fights with dependencies I got Maemo Mapper 2.6.x installed from repositroy without problems to.

Well, now I can start scratchbox and Maemo Mapper on SDK. I have internet connection on scratchbox (tested with fresh installed ssh on scratchbox too). - But Maemo Mapper gives me only a black window because of missing map data. Map repositories are set but I can't get any data from internet.

I have found only one other people had the same problem but without a solution.

Where is the trick?

Thx & best regards,
Frank

First, make sure "Auto-download" is enabled in the "Maps" menu.

If maps are attempting to download but failing, then it might be a problem with the /etc/resolv.conf file in your scratchbox shell. Or, it's possible that the repository is not configured correctly.

Which repository are you trying to use?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Germany
Auto-download ist enabled.
resolv.conf should not be the problem, because its the same in /etc and scratchbox. And I have inet connection on vmware Ubuntu and on scratchbox (can make ssh connection, can download files).
Repos are the default OSM and VE Hybrid - both are working without problems on real iT.

I've never quite gotten scratchbox to work worth poo to emulate much of anything for the tablets. You might try setting up a virtual maemo install using QEMU.