Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Did they finally fix Exchange? (I guess I'll find out soon.)

OK, answering myself. No, they did not. I expected it to take a few days to find out, but it only took a few minutes. SFOS is getting worse more and more lagging behind with each update.

Last edited by pichlo; 2019-03-19 at 07:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
For anyone wondering what this part is about

Camera - Supported values of each device's camera parameters are now passed through to Qt, enabling more camera controls in apps. Thanks to Adam Pigg (piggz) for this contribution.
You can try it out with this application:
https://github.com/piggz/harbour-advanced-camera
https://build.merproject.org/package...dvanced-camera
https://openrepos.net/content/piggz/advanced-camera

Which exposes a lot of different scene modes and controls that the camera hardware may support but haven't been exposed by the middleware until now.

All you developers feel free to join in the fun and send a Pull Request

Last edited by r0kk3rz; 2019-03-19 at 22:43.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
If you have WiFiKiller installed disable it before updating. Just to be on the safe side..

Updated Xperia X this morning. First attempt to update failed
On trying again I disabled WiFiKiller and it only downloaded a few bytes then went to update OK after that.

Just updating my J1 now. Getting "Not enough memory to apply update" errors on that. Haven't got many apps, images or videos on the device either. If it fails again I may try via terminal.
This has now got me thinking and asking myself 'Is Sailfish now getting a bit too big for the original Jolla 1 device or is it just a case of too much left over junk from previous installs, apps and temporary files clogging the system?"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Their main focus now is XA. Xperia X was left back and i don't see a bright future for this device
Sailfish X continue to be support for Xperia X (and even all the way back to Jolla 1).

Android compatibility layer currently will not get any love on the Xperia X in the near future for precise technical reasons that were explained.

But unlike Jolla one where it will never be possible, if they manage to get some spare resource and pay developers, they could technically develop a brand new abstraction layer for Sailfish X running above the Sony kernels and blobs for AOSP 8.1 (porting some of the work from XA2), and the Android abstraction layer could run inside that.

The problem is that developing that would cost some significant money to Jolla, so currently, they are concentrating efforts on what can earn them money back (developing for the device that sells SFX licenses nowadays).

So although no technical blocker, it's not going to happen soon.

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Just updating my J1 now. Getting "Not enough memory to apply update" errors on that. Haven't got many apps, images or videos on the device either. If it fails again I may try via terminal.
This has now got me thinking and asking myself 'Is Sailfish now getting a bit too big for the original Jolla 1 device or is it just a case of too much left over junk from previous installs, apps and temporary files clogging the system?"
Two advices :

- switch the profile for meta-data blocks from "dup" to "single" on flash media (as opposed to harddisk) it's useless anyway.
That's going to free some extra space on the tiny flash of the Jolla

- Due to bugs in syncing with Google, over time the contact SQLite data base can get absolutely ginormous (gigabytes range). You can purge the file from the partition (it will resync anyway) it will free room on the flash, and your RAM will be happy too.

Then do the balance (use "btrfs-balancer" to do it for you), some significant space will have been freed.
(Well, until contacts go bonkers again in a couple of months).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
[vendor] fix sensors when fresh flashing with v17B binaries
So, I understand that with the new binaries sensors as proximity sensor will work right?

Enviado desde mi H3123 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Bremen, Germany
Are there any information what the new Battery Savings Mode actually does when it kicks in?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to max_power For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
If you have WiFiKiller installed disable it before updating. Just to be on the safe side..

Updated Xperia X this morning. First attempt to update failed
On trying again I disabled WiFiKiller and it only downloaded a few bytes then went to update OK after that.

if You have RPNCALC or KODI installed? Uninstall them. They use a lot of space.

The Following User Says Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Do not do that.
It will likely end in a corrupt system state if the update does not find any more free space.
It is due to the bad approach of Jolla to give a small rootfs in favour of BIG user data. Just deinstall some huge applications and reinstall them after update.

These commands may help you to find data suckers:
Code:
#devel-su 
rpm -qa --queryformat '%{SIZE}\t %{NAME}-%{version}\n' > /home/nemo/Documents/pkgs.txt

ssu lr > /home/nemo/Documents/repo-setup.txt

devel-su du -x -a / > /home/nemo/Documents/filelist.txt

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
So the Xperia X is +- dead, either switch to a XA or leavw the ecosystem for good now
I vote for leaving. Xperia X wont get not just Android support update, but rest hardware related bugs also wont be fixed: camera, bluetooth, nfc and so on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
From the detailed changelog:

Code:
python3-base

Updated : 3.4.3-1.1.4.jolla -- 3.7.2+git1-1.3.2.jolla
Now that's interesting! If I'm reading the changelog correctly it looks like Python 3 in Sailfish OS was just upgraded from 3.4.3 to 3.7.2 - that's quite a jump & very welcome.

This also makes Sailfish OS pretty cutting edge Python wise, as even latest Fedora 29 also has Python 3.7.2 at the moment.

Lets hope library and runtime updates like this become the norm rather than an exception in the future.
This is a bit worrying to me, as I'm currently developing an app that has a Python module that's compiled binary code - do I need to create multiple packages with dependencies on different Python versions? (The compiled code is version-specific.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post: